Oscar placed his hand over my hand and held it like that for a moment until his phone kept buzzing.

"Bueno?" Oscar let my hand go and answered it. "What?" Oscar exclaimed. "Damn." He ran his hand over his shaved head in frustration. "Alright," Oscar hung up and stood up.

"What's wrong," I asked standing up.

"They just shot Skeleto," he informed me looking at his phone. He put his phone up to his ear but only cursed when it went straight to voicemail. "Cesar's not answering."

"Well where are the tags he was supposed to do?" I asked now getting worried.

If the Prophets got a hold of him...

"Nah, he might be at Mario's already." I nodded as we walked down a few houses and went to Ruby's house.

"Hey," I placed my hand on Oscar's back trying to sooth him. "He's gonna be okay." We stood at the front door. But before we could knock Jamal opened the door and then gasped closing the door in our faces.

"Jamal! Open the door!" I yelled out not in the mood.

The door quickly opened back up.

"Someone shot one of the homies," Oscar spoke up. "Have you seen Cesar? He ain't answering his phone," Jamal gulped and shook his head no.

"His phone ain't working," Jamal answered. "Not that anyone broke it or anything... It just died of natural causes," he rambled.

"If you see him, tell him I'm looking for him." I could hear sirens in the distance.

"Yes, sir." Jamal nodded. I turned away and walked away with Oscar following me.

The sirens were getting closer making me stop.

"Why'd you," Oscar bumped into me before I could open the gate.

"It's the cops!" I saw the cop car turn on our street. "Inside!" Oscar and I both ran up back to the house.

Police sirens were going off and you could hear a helicopter in the air.

"One-time!" Oscar yelled as we both rushed into the house just as the patrol car was passing by.

"This is is L.A.P.D.," someone shouted. "This block is on lockdown. For your safety, remain inside until further advised." Oscar walked over to the window and pushed the curtains to the side a bit so he can see.

"What?" Ruby tried yelling over the helicopter.

"I said," Jamal yelled. "I can't believe we're stuck in the house with Oscar!" We all turned to him as the helicopter noise died down.

Oscar rubbed his face in frustration and went to go take a seat on the couch.

My phone began to vibrate. I was hoping it was Cesar but it was my mom.

"Hey mami," I said making my way over to the dining room.

"Aye Rosario, where are you?" My mom sounded worried.

"I'm fine," I sighed. "I'm at the Martinez's." I looked over to the couch where Oscar was sitting in frustration. Maybe telling her I'm with Oscar would put her at ease. "I'm with Oscar." I watched as Oscar yelled at Jamal to go away.