#28

If the roof could be set on fire right this moment, Camila would. The deafening silence that radiated around the four adults was terrifying. Lauren had her eyes trained on Alejandro and Sinu the entire time, angry as well that they showed up after three years of not seeing them, yet here they were, sitting right before her and Camila. Camila on the other hand wanted so much to kill them right there, not wanting to hear the excuses that they had come up with because of their failure as parents to come after their daughter. Camila didn't want to hear any of it. But because Lauren was always the level headed one out of the whole group, she heeded her wife's words because she was always right. Even if she wasn't Lauren was always there to ground others around her.

"Alejandro and I want to apologize for everything beforehand. We... didn't do a really good job at being there for you Camila, even since you were young, and we are truly sorry for everything. We did search for the both of you, sending out everyone one we could, but after months of searching, we just never found the both of you. We tried and tried but they always came back to us without the both of you or a least one of you for that matter." Sinu starts, only to be cut off by Camila.

"You tried? Hell, I don't even think you tried at all. You assumed the two of us were dead. You want to know the people who tried? Yeah, it was Dinah, Normani, Hailee and Luna. And for Luna, a woman who loves Hailee so much, followed Hailee until the ends of the earth to come looking for us. Not our parents, not our relatives, but our friends. Shit yeah, Dinah and Normani fucked up between us as friends, when we could have been together years before hand. But yet, they felt so guilty, they sold everything they had, put aside their wants to be married so that they could buy a boat and come looking for us. What I hate so much, is the fact that you, Alejandro, and Sinu, President and First Lady of the fucking United States couldn't even keep up the search, thinking that we were already dead." Camila seethed, making Lauren use her free hand to rub her knee under the table.

"How were we supposed to know Camila? We tried..."

"You didn't try hard enough. Fuck! I couldn't even swim for fucks sakes. I thought I was dead for. And you know who risked her life for that? Lauren. Lauren came and saved me. Her small bag was filled with water so I could at least keep myself afloat. She saved my life at the cost of her own, damn well drowned and I found her on the shores of the island we got stranded on, bleeding to death. A nice shark bite to the thigh. If she hadn't had simple supplies, she would be dead. You tried you say? Yet every morning I had to wake up and walk to the ocean, waiting for someone to come and save us, while the fear of losing the person I ever loved is embedded in my mind every time. So don't come and tell me that you tried because we spent two fucking years out there, all but lost hope that we would ever see civilization again."

"Camz..." Camila looked over at Lauren, who begged her to tone her volume down. Lily had been shifted over to Lauren's arms with Jasmine, and they fiddled with Lauren's shirt, unaware of the situation before them.

"We are sorry. But you must understand, the country needs funds. We can't just simply dish out the army and the navy to go on and keep searching. We have them stationed in other areas, fighting wars, we have things and duties to help others as well. I had to make a choice. I had to the country sorted out." Alejandro defends, and that's when Lauren spoke up.

"Your country? You wouldn't even be in office if I haven't found those files. You both would be fucking dead. I could have chosen to stay aside, pretend like I never cared, pretend that you two were strangers to me, but because I loved Camila, her mother and father were the most important people in her life, I took a bloody bullet for it. Not just that, I gave up my career because I made enemies whom I doubt is still after me. I went through hell my entire fucking life, and you dare say it is your duty to your country? What about the duty to your wife? What about the duty to your daughter? Have you no love for her? Have you no feelings about she felt out in the middle of nowhere? I would have thought you both would have had the love to come looking for Camila despite the circumstances of the country because family always comes first. If it was my daughter out there, I would never stop looking for her. Even if the thought of her being dead runs in my mind, I would never stop until the day I grow old and die. And I would really love to say this, life without the both of you had been perfect. Camila was happy, she didn't need to think of anything else but being happy with her family. Of two beautiful daughters that we have and another on the way, her smile and her love for them is undying. I'm done with the both of you. Camila can say what she wants to say, and then we want you to leave." Lauren said finality.