#10

A/N: I only opened wattpad like once a week so this fic prolly will be updated by then  pls do vote and comment it really makes my day :))

========== 

"Camila! Stop."

"Lauren... I'm sick and tired of this okay? Everyday we wait, and every day we struggle to survive Lauren! Why isn't anyone coming for us? Why?" Camila yelled.

Lauren could only sigh, and head over to the big rock situated by the waterfall. It's been 3 weeks since she woke up, four weeks since they've been here. She didn't remember the things she said or did during her fever haze. All she knew was the pain that had decreased within the days, and the fever that broke the day before she woke up sane. Camila had taken those days when she was out, to explore the island, finding places and food that she could get her hands on and bring it back to her. For them. Lauren's leg wound had healed significantly, and Camila was there to help her walk, making it a daily routine for them to walk around the area. After two weeks of adjusting, Lauren could stand on her own, and walk about short distances without falling or toppling over. She worked hard at getting her leg back in shape. Camila had been the one going out and about in search of food. She had been the one trying to plan and find a way out of this forsaken place, and nothing was coming up.

Lauren was thankful that Camila did everything she could to nurse Lauren back to health, but the scar on her thigh was permanent and it has been better looking. Thanks to the Yarrow plant, Lauren didn't suffer any infections to her wounds, and it healed fast thanks to rest and so called therapy that Camila had provided. She had worked on her shoulder, using a tree branch nearby to do pull ups, and strengthening her upper body, while her leg was still a work in progress. She was able to swim in the watering hole and be able to help around with Camila. But now the issue was that, for 4 weeks, no planes, no boats, no nothing had been seen, and Camila was getting frustrated. And so was Lauren.

"Camila... for all you know, they are out there looking for us. We just have to..."

"IM TIRED LAUREN! IM TIRED THAT NOBODY CARES ENOUGH TO COME LOOKING FOR US, THAT THEY DECIDED TO PLAY WITH OUR LIVES, AND NOW, WE ARE STUCK OUT HERE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! TELL ME TO BE PATIENT? YOUR OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND LAUREN!" Camila hollers at the top of her lungs, mad at the world.

"I'm not the enemy here Camila. Shit happens. We should be thankful enough we didn't die out in the fucking waves." Lauren bites back, making Camila grab a branch and start smashing it to pieces.

"CAMILA! Getting angry is not going to settle our problems. Okay? I'm angry at them just as much as you are, and I know we are going to be stuck here until someone gets us. But assuming we could build a raft, and we can paddle away out of this place. We can go fishing, spearing fish or whatever, so at least we have something to keep us from starving to death. Once we got the raft, we can get the fuck out of here and perhaps make it somewhere." Lauren tried to reason.

"Lauren! We have no map. No compass, let alone a pathetic little pocket knife that yes it's handy with little functions. But this Lauren, we are stuck. We don't know the what the weather is like out there! For all we know, we could die out there before we are being rescued. I'm the Doctor here Lauren. And I say it's suicide if we left. At least here, we have water and food. Fuck yeah the idea of a raft is enticing. But I not going to risk it. I'm not going to lose..."

The words died in Camila's throat. She didn't, no, she couldn't lose Lauren ever again. Not ever. If she had to rot on that island where she could keep Lauren safe with her. Lauren saw the pain in Camila's eyes, and fighting with each other was the last thing she needed. Camila needed her just as much as she needed Camila.