#13

"Dinah are you even hearing yourself right now? You want to sell this place, buy a boat and head out looking for our dead friends? Are you out of your mind?"

"IM BEING SERIOUS NORMANI!" Dinah hollers.

She had been crying for the past hour, and she was set straight in her ways. Two months after their friend's funeral, and Dinah goes ballistic. She knew they had given up to soon. She felt somewhere deep in her bones that their friends were still alive and she wasn't giving up just yet. It hurt her as much to think that they had just given up. She took back her words at their funeral and she wanted nothing more than to go out on her own to find them. She knew they had to be alive. As much as she loved Normani, and the money that was to be used for their wedding was sufficient in getting them a boat, she needed the rest of the cash for supplies and such to go on her voyage. Normani knew Dinah was still guilty, still hurt that their friends were long gone, but she needed to be rational. She wanted to agree with Dinah, but once their funds have been used up, they didn't know where they would be. Dinah had quit her job and she was going with or without Normani if she had to.

"Dinah... you know I love you okay? But this, this is crazy..." Normani pleaded.

"I'm sorry Normani. But I have to do this. I can't rest until I have found them. And at least... I know I did die trying to bring them home. I can't just leave them be out there Normani. I know Lauren and I Know Camila. They are really fucking smart people and I know they would survive. Lauren would go all out to save Camila and if one of them is still alive, I know it would be Camila or Lauren. And I'm going Normani. If this is not what you want... you may go."

Dinah wipes her tears and turns to walk away towards their apartment door. Normani sighs heavily. She knew Dinah was right. Lauren was a fighter. And she never quits easily. And she knew that Lauren would do the same for her if she was lost out there. Lauren would give up everything just to find her despite everything that has been done. That was the Lauren she knew. She forgives, and she does what she does best. She fights. So Normani made the decision with her heart, and strode forward, yanking Dinah by her wrists and pulling her into a kiss.

"I love you Dinah. I really really do. And we are in this together. If it was Camila and Lauren in our shoes, they would come after us too. I'll quit my job, sell this place as soon as possible and we will get a boat. I know some friends who can help us with that. Has Hailee and Luna agreed to this as well?" Dinah nods her head, burying her face in Normani's neck.

"I told them about it. Luna said she knows how to operate any boat we take; Hailee is good with navigations and stuff. And we can plot out the areas on the maps we need to start searching at. Fuel and all other expanses will be shared among the four of us. Hailee said that if we had to live on a boat for the rest of our lives, then so be it. They're family." Normani smiles, knowing her fiancé was brave enough to do something like this.

And she would stand by her to bring their friends home. She wasn't surprised that Hailee had jumped in to join Dinah on her quest, and Luna, she was really a sweet person. She loved Hailee a lot that she would follow her anywhere she went. Hailee was lucky to have met her in their times of sadness. Hailee had drunk herself to death, and Luna, who was a bartender, had actually stopped her and helped her through her grief. Normani, she was too hurt to even continue working on the cruise line, and Dinah, she hadn't had a heart to work anymore on the best job in the world for herself. And so, if Dinah was to heal, then to the seas it would be. Dinah and Normani left their apartment, immediately heading out to meet with Luna and Hailee, all of them wanting to discuss how they would be going on and about selling their apartments and getting their things ready to head out into the open sea.

There was a bakery nearby, and clearly it was a place for them to hangout most of the time, seeing that they had been with each other, supporting each other ever since their friends were deemed dead. It used to be their hang out place when Camila was around, and now, the four of them had occupied the place more often times than not. So they strode in after a 10 minute walk, finding Hailee and Luna seated in a booth at the back of the bakery, and they slid into their seats, each of them giving their warm but understanding smile.