#14

Dinah carries her hover sack over shoulders, her eyes looking about the blue ocean that awaits them. She had finally settled all the bills and the remaining cash was more than enough to settle herself down for the next 5 years. Thanks to her boss's generous offer, seeing that she was actually friends with the President's Daughter, he insisted on giving her a whole load of cash. Plus, the money combined with her by the other 3 woman joining her was enough to last them a long time before they might actually have to work again. It was frustrating at first, for the time it took for them to get a fishing boat, which Luna had helped to negotiate and got them a great price, seeing that she had picked off some things from her grandfather who used to run a fishing business during his time, and she had been given tricks and trades of how to get a boat and such. They wanted a fishing boat, for it had a bigger space and also more storage units to keep food and other necessities. They had planned that they would go for as long as they can, before turning around and heading back to port to stock up and return to sea again.

Three months of them selling the apartment, getting the boat, planning and mapping our areas for them to go, watching the weather and when would be the best time to head out. It's been a year and a month since their friends had been gone, 5 months since their burial without a body and 3 months since they decided to start their voyage. Dinah wondered what they would be doing right now. Maybe perhaps they were stuck on an island somewhere, cooking fish and enjoying the sun on their faces. Both of them happy as can be away from the world. Perhaps their hope of ever being rescued had dwindled away and for all she knew, they could have started their own life and family on a deserted island. Camila was pretty handy and smart with the herbs and the medical things about them that could get them by. Lauren was more of the survivalist type of person and she was pretty handy too.

Then, her thoughts drifted back to the day when the four of them walked into the White House, having requested to speak with Alejandro and Sinu, to let them know that they were going out there to look for their daughter and daughter in law to be. But what broke her heart was the fact that Sinu had told them to stop dreaming about their girls ever coming back. They were never coming back. Sinu had seemed so delusional, so distant, so lost, that she couldn't even think straight. Alejandro, who had a country to run, sighed and sided with his wife. They had moved on. Dinah remembered how she threw a fit, blaming them for their failure of ever helping their daughter and left the room, stating that if they ever did find them, they were forbidden to ever come looking for them. And she never looked back. Her anger towards them was relentless. They won't even bother to go looking for their own fucking child.

Dinah came back to the docks that day, all four of them having moved in to the boat, and created a simple lifestyle for themselves, in which they somehow felt happy about. They felt more at peace. Luna had always enjoyed the open seas, when she got to know her and Hailee had always admired that about her Girlfriend. Apparently, Luna's father had spoken to them, teaching them about the seas, and what to look for out there, seeing that they could encounter plenty of problems when they begin their search for their friends. They were grateful and thankful that there were kind souls left out there to help them. Normani on the other hand, seemed lost at times, and she began to worry. Normani had always treated Lauren like an older sister, having been there for each other since their college days, and Lauren was in fact a year older than everyone else, having been enrolled in school a year late due to her following her parents on business trips during her childhood.

And she, well, Dinah always enjoyed teasing her friend. And when she met Normani, she found out that Normani had looked up to Lauren, and the connection they shared with each other was phenomenon. It's different than the connection she had with Camila no doubt, seeing that Lauren was and always have been in love with Camila, and Camila had always been in love with her. Dinah had actually saluted Lauren for even dating Camila, the girl could be as stubborn as a mule, and she was always irrational at times. Hailee had cut all contact with Bellamy, not knowing where he had been ever since high school and Hailee believes he joined the army. She heard last that he had tried to get in contact with them, but none of them wanted anything to do with him. Even if he did change to be a better man, they couldn't tell if he was going to do the same thing he did all those years ago.