#23

"Camila... Camila... wake up. Jasmine is crying..." Lauren nudges Camila, who only turns over and falls back asleep mumbling incoherent words, and a snore that comes after.

Lauren huffs, rubbing her tired eyes as she slid out of bed and moved towards the other room. It was easy access around the boat, having lived on it for 5 months now, and since their home won't be ready until next week, they had taken what they got and made it their place of home in the boat. The room was down the small hallway, thankful that the baby monitor was right by her ears so that she could hear the unpleasant cries of her daughters. She didn't blame Camila for not waking up, seeing that she had been busy all day at her new gallery which only just finished construction three days ago. She had been spending time painting her gallery to how she wanted it to be, and Lauren sometimes had to go over herself and bring her home. It wasn't a big issue, and Camila always took her time at night to spend some quality time with Jasmine and Lily before putting them to bed and then she would crash into theirs. Lauren didn't complain, only that she missed her Wife spending time with her, but she knew that Camila needed this for herself. Dinah and Normani had been planning their weddings for weeks now, and how they plan to have a bachelorette party of the century with each other. Nothing new from them both. Lauren had been busy with paperwork and communicating with Ally on ensuring that they remain MIA to the governments' eyes, leaving Hailee and Luna to watch over the house and its progress.

Everyone had a job to do which is great, but most of the times, Lauren spent with Jasmine and Lily, making sure they were always laughing and giggling. Jasmine was a perfect copy of Camila, with her chocolate brown hair, and Lily with raven hair and green eyes was just like Lauren. She craved her mother's touch more often than Jasmine, who was growing to be somewhat stubborn and strong willed like Camila. But it didn't matter. She was still her little girl, and she loved them both equally with all her heart. Sliding into the room, Jasmine and Lily sniffled when they saw their mother, calming down at the sight of her entering the room. Lauren bent over the crib, rubbing the tears of their faces, and slowly she carried Jasmine out first and into her right arm, before carrying Lily up and into her left. It was a struggle at first when she first had to walk in on them crying, but now, after getting a hang of it, she was a pro. Slowly, she swayed from left to right, humming softly as her two daughters quieted down, and both their eyes looking up at her. She would give it all to freeze this moment in time with her two daughters, and she smiled at them when Jasmine and Lily yawned. Yet their eyes fought to remain open, watching their mother sing.

"Hush, little baby, don't say a word. Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird

And if that mockingbird won't sing, Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring

And if that diamond ring turns brass, Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass

And if that looking glass gets broke, Mama's gonna buy you a billy goat

And if that billy goat won't pull, Mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull

And if that cart and bull turn over, Mama's gonna buy you a dog named Rover

And if that dog named Rover won't bark Mama's gonna buy you a horse and cart

And if that horse and cart fall down, you'll still be the sweetest little baby in town."

Jasmine had already closed her eyes, letting herself fall into sleep again, while Lily, she grabbed Lauren's shirt in her tiny fists, her eyes half closed as she looked at Lauren, blinking only a few times before she whined slightly. Lauren moved over towards the chair, a love seat actually, and sat down carefully, letting Jasmine and Lilly lean into her chest as she shifted to make herself comfortable in the seat, knowing it would be a long while before Lily would fall asleep. She tried various tunes and songs that she could think off to get Lily to sleep, but she realised how stubborn Lily was too. Just like her. Refusing to sleep despite everything she tried.