34

The next day...

Kelsey was over to help me pack some of the stuff I'm taking with me.

Kelsey was sorting out my desk drawers as I was in my bathroom.

"Mar-Mar?" She called and I walked over to her.

"Hmm?"

"What do you want to do with this?" She asked holding up a framed photo of Grayson and I at prom.

I took the photo and stared at it as I slumped on my bed.

"Amara, this isn't a romance movie. Guys aren't going to chase after you or run through the airport for you. It doesn't work like that."

"You didn't say it couldn't be Friends" I said pouting at the photos.

"He's your brothers best friend Amara. And Reece isn't changing his mind. I love you Amara, that's why I'm telling you this"

"But Rachel was Ross's sisters best friend" I said.

"Monica actually supported their relationship" she patted my back.

"I know" I whispered.

"I just keep hoping that he will show up and tell me he's not letting me go so easily. That he would fight for me"

"He would. But it's Reece."

"I know" I whisper.

I put the photo in my suitcase. I knew I would regret it if I didn't bring it with me.

———————————

The next day...

My parents, Reece, Kelsey, and Ashton were all at the house.

I was leaving today. And not to New York like I had dreamed.

"My favorite memory of Fetus has to be when we were around 13." Reece starts.

"Little Mar-Mar and I walked over to the park. It was completely empty. So we were playing tag."

Oh no. Not the lifting story.

"And I ran into the pole and hit my head. I had a huge bump on my head. Little Mar-Mar carried me all the way back to the house" he said making everyone chuckle.

"But then again there's also the end of each of our birthdays. And I truly love those moments with you." He smiled at me.

"I love you Fetus" he said and I gave him a big hug.

"I love you too Reecy"

Mom and dad then decided to make a little speech.

"My favorite moment was when your dad was holding Reece in his arms. And the doctors handed you to me." Mom started.

"And I said to you, 'You're going to be a dads girl. And we will fight all the time, but I will still love you to the end of the world'"

I walked over to mom and hugged her tightly.

"I love you mom" I whispered.

"I love you too"

"My turn!" Dad squealed.

"So my little girl! It's hard to believe you're going to college now. But I want you to always be happy. Just be happy. Above everything, stay happy Amara. Because that's all I've ever wanted from you."

"You're priceless to me. And you're my little girl. And together we are the undefeated ping pong champions" he said giving me a fistbump.

"And I love you Amara" he said hugging me.