10

I woke up the next morning to Grayson already staring at me.

"You weirdo" I mess up his hair as I fully wake up.

"What? I can't help it that you're gorgeous" he says making me smile.

"And I can't help it that you're such a Greek god that I'm going to let you being a weirdo slide" I tap his nose as he chuckles.

"Have you always thought of me as a Greek god?" He asks.

"Always, you were sculpted to perfection" I smile and he grins widely.

"I was just sculpted for you" he smiles.

I don't know how we could go back to normal now. I guess I just have to tell him. I can't do that to Reece. He may have been a complete dick yesterday but he will grow up.

"Grayson, you gotta let me go" I whisper as we stare into each other's eyes.

"Mara, you have to let me go too"

"I know" I mumble. And that right there, was a big step and decision for me to make.

"Promise me that in another life that it's us." He held out his pinky for me to take.

I took his pinky in mine. "I promise in another life, it's us"

I felt my heart drop as I stared at him. We would go back to him treating me like his little sister knowing that the other one was hurting inside.

He was gone. Just like that. And I keep hoping that was the last time I would see my Grayson. The one that loves me. Hoping he would leave forever and make this easier for me.

——————————

2 days later... after school...

I had cancelled on Kelsey, Anna, Grace, and Josh because I wasn't in the mood. At all. I was still crying over losing Grayson. For the second fucking time.

Thankfully, Ethan left early this morning so I won't be seeing anymore of him. Things with Reece are still a bit unstable. We aren't exactly on speaking terms.

I just can't face him, it makes me feel like a coward because I barely spoke up when he yelled at me.

I stare at the picture on my dresser. It was of Reece and I last year which Gray had totally photobombed.

I found myself scrolling through all the embarrassing photos I had taken of Grayson and Reece. I couldn't ruin their friendship. That's not fair on either one of them.

The one guy I had to like was my brothers best friend. The one guy that was off limits to me. Reece would never let it happen.

I heard a knock on my door and I pulled out my earbuds.

"Hey..." Reece said walking in.

"Mar-Mar I'm really sorry about what happened on Wednesday"

"I was just worried sick. You really scared me. You were gone for so long and I just lost it"

"I took out all my anger on you and you shouldn't have had to deal with that. Not with Ethan around and the whole Princeton thing."

"I shouldn't have snapped-"

"Yea you fucking snapped like Thanos asshole" I cut him off making him laugh.

"Oh shut it" he says messing up my hair.

"Whatever Reece. It's been lonely without you annoying me. I kinda need you" he leans over and hugs me.

"Mar-Mar if you need to talk about anything I'm always here and you know that. Just don't run off without telling me again. And if you do please take your damn phone with you" I chuckle at him.

"I'm heading out for a bit. Love you Mar-Mar"

"Love you Reecy"

He left and I was left alone again. It just feels so lonely these days. Mom and dad are gone for longer than they usually would be. Reece has been out a lot lately which is making me suspicious. What could he be up to?

I put in my headphone again before zoning out. I stared up at my blank ceiling. Grayson pops back into my mind. My love for him is still there. And I'm afraid it will never leave. It will be there buzzing at me each time it starts to feel better.

I texted Kelsey but as usual these days she never responds to me. I just wanted to talk to someone.

Reece was busy, Kelsey doesn't respond, Grayson wasn't even a choice.

I didn't really have many friends. We threw amazing parties but no one really bothered with the hosts unless you were Reece Reynolds. Who was a huge ladies man to begin with. But also because at the time I was dating William, no guys really bothered me.

"Fuck!" I yelled out in boredom. I made a bunch of noises out of pure boredom.

I stood up and paced around the room.

Then suddenly a knock on my window. I look behind myself to face Grayson. Fuck Gray why do you do this to me? You keep making it harder for me to move on!

"Grayson" I breathed letting him in and walking the opposite way from the window.

"Why is being in love with you such a crime?" He asked walking closer to me as I turned away.

"You know why" I mumble.

"No I don't! Why can't I be with the woman I love?"

I sighed, "Gray, you know why" I repeated.

"Why? Explain it to me?!" He exclaimed frustrated.

"I don't know!" I screamed.

"Exactly Mara" he stared at me.

Exactly.

"It's not a good enough reason for us to be apart like this right Mara?" He asked and I stayed silent.

"Right?"

Okay, I regret wanting to talk someone. I take it back!

"Yes okay? You're right what else do you want me to say?!"

"Say that it's you and I now. Not in another life, now. It's us now Mara" he paused.

"I let you go once Mara, and I'll be damned if I do it again" he pulled me in by my waist and stared into my eyes before crashing his lips on mine.

I slid my fingers through his hair as he pulled me closer.

It's done. I could never leave him.

It's us now. Gray , not in another life. Now.

Vote and comment and you please :)

-xosugarroseox ;)