5

"Mar-Mar wake up!" I heard a shout. I shot up from my bed as I hear Reece shouting. Great, now I have to go to school and see Grayson and pretend that he didn't break my heart yesterday.

I quickly got ready slipping a black tank top on with a white cardigan and throwing on some light jeans.

I sighed as I walked downstairs.

"Think fast"

A pillow hit my face and fell to the ground.

"I swear Reece I'm going to kill you!" I yelled throwing it back at him. Can this morning get any better? If so, please do.

"Come on we have to go" Reece said slinging his backpack over his shoulder. He waited by the door as I slipped on my shoes.

"Reecy?"

"Yea?"

I sighed, "Nevermind"

I truly just wanted to spill out everything to him. Tell him every detail of this heartbreak.

But I couldn't, not when the cause of the heartbreak is his best friend.

"Where did that necklace come from?" He pointed to it as we walked over to the car. I began panicking and cursing to myself.

"Uh, I just saw it and bought it" I shrugged completely lying.

"It's pretty, my little sis has good taste" he says as I strap on my seatbelt.

If Grayson wanted me to know that we are just friends why did he get me this necklace? I had flipped it to the other side because I figured the Mara was a dead giveaway of where I got it from. Grayson was the only person who ever called me that.

As we drove we settled into a comfortable silence as I put in my earbuds. Mornings were never a good time for me and today was even worse.

When we finally made it to school the first face I saw was William. So I guess this day really can't get better.

"Mar- Mar please talk to me" he walked over to me and grabbed my hand.

"Go away and don't call me that" I moved away from him, I was truly disgusted with him.

"Hey little dick back off!" Reece shouted at him and it worked. He scurried off and I gave Reece a thankful smile. Reece was scary as fuck if you messed with his beloved little sister.

"Come on sis" he slings his arm over my shoulder as we walked into the building.

"Mar-Mar you have been acting strange over the last week is something wrong?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"I guess just the whole William situation" I shrugged lying. I keep having to lie because of Grayson. Only you Dolan, only you.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Grayson. And he wasn't alone. But instead he was making out with the biggest bitch in school, Melanie.

And for a second, we made eye contact before he continued to suck face with her.

Wow. Grayson. If you were trying to break my heart all over again, congratulations you did it. I suppose you can't break a heart that's already broken.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Reece asked and I laughed to make sure he didn't notice me wiping away my tears.

"I was just thinking about some post Kelsey sent yesterday on Instagram don't worry Reecy" I pretended to laugh.