24

I woke up the next morning to Grayson smiling at me.

"Morning Gorgeous"

"It's not a good morning?" I chuckle.

"Every morning I wake up to you is a good morning anyway. There's no use in saying it"

I blushed as he smiled at me. Suddenly his phone started ringing and I was snapped back into reality.

Grayson gave me a look before putting his call on speaker.

"Grayson?! Have you seen Mar-Mar?! We have been looking all over and we can't find her!" Reece was hysterical, his voice was worried making me feel bad.

"No don't worry I will go and I will find her okay?" Grayson spoke.

"Thank you"

"You should probably get back home" he whispered after he hung up.

"Yea I should, but once I step back into that house all of it will come rushing back to me"

"And when it does, call me, talk to me about it, I want to know everything." He said.

Everything. There was still things from that night that he didn't know, like Josh.

"Gray, um there's something I have to tell you from Quentin's birthday" I whispered staring down.

"What is it? It doesn't matter Amara. Whatever it is we can fix it"

"J-Josh, he um, after I saw you and Melanie on the dance floor, I ran into the bathroom, and um..." I paused and looked up at him.

"Josh has followed me in, he was going insane, because I had bailed on him. He started touching me, and I had to hurt him to get away" my voice crumbled.

He immediately took me in his arms and chased my demons away.

"I'm so sorry Amara, if it weren't for me, it wouldn't have happened" he whispers with a shaky voice.

"I'll kill him" I heard his very serious voice.

"No Gray, it's been fine." I say.

"As long as we are spilling everything to each other..." he takes a deep breath.

"The day we got into a fight with Ashton, I never told you why"

"So why did you guys fight?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"One of Ashton's friends, he made a threat..."

"To you"

My eyes widened as I stared at him. That's why he was ready to kill him.

"And my instinct was to protect you" he sighed.

"But your instinct was to protect me too, protect me from doing something I would regret later on" he held me tighter.

I love you Grayson Dolan, more than you will ever know.

————————

1 month and a half later...

After my big breakdown, my parents decided to keep us together and my dad will still move into his condo. But him and my mom are both on business trips right now.

Everything was the best it had ever been. Reece and I were still close. Kelsey and I were still best friends. And Grayson is still the love of my life.

"Mara, I'm heading out for a little bit" Reece poked his head through my door before leaving.

I was bored on a Saturday night. Grayson's parents are in town and he can't escape dinner with them.

I decided to call Kelsey to see if she could hang out.

"Hey Mar-Mar what's up?" She asked picking up.

"Hey do you want to come over for a sleepover I'm incredibly bored and Reece just left?"

"Um, I really wish I could Amara, but my parents are making me do a bunch of chores tonight."

"Oh it's okay"

We eventually hung up and I was left bored.

But then I thought about how there's only a month left of school. And two weeks left till that stupid any topic essay is due. An essay that I haven't even begun to write.

I played with the ring that Grayson got me. He spoils me way too much.

I continued to stare at it twirling it around my fingers. I honestly felt like I was in The Lord of the Rings.

But then Reece popped into my mind. Every second I spend with Grayson, I'm betraying him, his promise.

3 years ago...

I was stumbling all over the house with the music blaring. I spotted Grayson and Melanie making out, in my house.

"Fuck you" I mumbled under my breath.

I kept stumbling and almost fell before my big brother caught me.

"Mar-Mar! Come on you should not be drunk!" He put me in a proper standing position.

"What's wrong?" He asked me.

"I wanna go to bed" I lied slurring.

"Come on then" he threw my arm over his shoulder and held my weight as he walked me up the stairs.

"Reecy, have you ever been in love?" I asked him as he set me on my bed.

"Love is a complicated thing Amara..."

"It's so easy to fall into, yet so difficult to get out of. And when one truly falls in love, they will never truly fall out of it. Loves brings so much joy and happiness, but also so much sadness and heartbreak"

"You didn't answer my question Reecy"

"No Mar-Mar, I have never been in love. And I never want to feel that kind of pain. But it comes with being in love"

"But isn't there a big line between love and hate?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"The way I think of it Mar-Mar, is that love and hate are the same. You can hate somebody so much because you love them. Love and hate are connected, but it depends on which one is overpowering the other"

"Is there someone you want to be in love with?" I asked.

"Yea there is" he whispered.

"Aww Who is it?!" I teased him.

"Goodnight Mar-Mar." he messed up my hair before leaving.

Present time...

And to this day I never found out who that person was, that he wants to be in love with.

I set my ring and necklace and hopped into the shower.

I dried myself off and got dressed. I opened my door to my room and see Reece.

"Oh he-"

Then I see what he's staring at in disbelief.

"But the only one who calls you Mara is-"

He dropped the ring and necklace on my bed.

"Grayson" he breathed looking up at me.