EIGHTY-EIGHT

Aurora looked back at her reflection in the body-full mirror.

Her fingers delicately danced over the lace layer of her dress. It was a gorgeous red piece. The corset hugged her body showing off her curves in an elegant way, the layer of lace covered her chest and went down her arms reaching her elbows. The dress came up to her knees, showing off her smooth legs and the black heels that were strapped to her feet.

It was the day of Bill and Fleur's wedding, and as strange as it was, it was probably the only chance the couple had to get married - with their families besides them - before the war went into full swing.

A small knock came from the other side of the door, before it opened slightly and a red haired man popped his head in, smiling widely when he noticed the black haired witch's reflection.

Aurora turned her head in the direction of the door, a smile instantly appeared on her lips as she turned her full body whilst watching the man in a elegant tuxedo walk up to her.

"Wow," Fred breathed out, grinning from ear to ear as he reached his fiancé, "I'm one lucky guy, aren't I."

Aurora felt her heart picking up, "I think I'm the lucky one," She replied, her hand reaching up to his chest, feeling the material of the tuxedo under her fingers.

Without a word, Fred gently grabbed hold of her hand. His warm, much larger hand overlapping hers as he brought her hand up to his lips. Placing a gentle kiss on her knuckles, his eyes glistened as he looked from the ring around her finger back to her face, "Can you believe this will be us one day," He chuckled quietly.

"I can," Aurora told him, beaming up at him as she wrapped her arms around his waist, staying as close as she could to the love of her life.

"Come on, lovebirds," Charlie's teasing voice interrupted the pair, "The wedding is about to start."

The couple turned to look at the cheeky looking ginger. His eyes held a mischievous spark in them as his lips were upturned in a teasing smirk.

"We're coming," Aurora reassured him, glaring at him playfully before she moved away from her fiancé but quickly and without hesitation, grabbed hold of his hand before pulling him out of the room.

★★★★

The wedding reception was short and sweet. Well, for the most part of it. About halfway through the twins had managed to sneak a prank in, turning the wedding bands into live worms causing the French woman to scream bloody murder when it started wiggling around in her hand.

The pair, of course, got scolded by Molly after the wedding was over and the after party started. However, even she couldn't lie that she did laugh at the reaction the prank created - which caused the twins to feel more than proud with themselves.

Aurora let out a loud laugh as Fred twirled her around for the tenth time, causing her to stumble into another couple who instantly glared at the pair before marching off the dance floor. But the couple didn't care, as soon as Aurora returned to Fred's arms he wrapped them tightly around her waist as they moved slightly off beat to the music.

"I love you," The ginger said, looking deeply into Aurora's chocolate eyes.

"I love you too," She told him, both of their eyes held nothing but adoration and love in them which quickly turned to annoyance when someone tapped Fred's shoulder.

"Quit hogging her, Freddie," George said, pushing his twin out of the way and standing in front go Aurora, a cheeky smile on his face as he held his arms out.

Rolling her eyes at him, the woman couldn't help but laugh. She placed her hands in his as the two best friends began dancing, whilst Fred playfully glared at his brother before walking off to join Remus and Tonks at a near by table.

Suddenly, the laughter, talking and music died down as the lights went out. 

Frantically, Aurora looked over to the middle of the large gazebo where she noticed a large blue orb of light hovering in the air. She watched in fear as she felt Fred, Remus and Tonks gather around her protectively.

"The Ministry has fallen," Aurora heard Kingsley's voice coming out of the orb, "The Minister of Magic is dead. They are coming. They are coming...They are coming," The orb suddenly went out and the lights flickered back on.

Aurora felt panic settling in. The wedding guests began running around, pushing each other out of the way as they apparated out of the gazebo. The black haired witch felt Fred grabbing her protectively just as black shadows shot through the gazebo; Death Eaters.

She watched as guests fell to the ground after being hit with spells when suddenly fire began spreading through the material of the gazebo as more and more guests apparated out.

She could feel herself being thrown around, losing the grip on Fred's hand before letting out a cry when she stumbled down to the ground. Grabbing hold of her wand - which she kept in the pocket of her dress - she fired spells left and right at any Death Eater she could spot. When suddenly her own wand flew out of her hand and landed away from her.

Breathing heavily, Aurora looked up and noticed a man she had never seen before standing above her. He held a grim smile on his face and his eyes were dangerously dark causing the black haired witch to let out a shaky cry. 

Tears streamed down her face as she began shuffling backwards, ignoring the pain of the glass shards that lodged themselves in her hands and legs. The man walked closer towards her, eyeing her as if she was his prey. She watched helplessly as he lifted his hand, pointing his wand right towards her.

She shut her eyes closed when she felt herself being trapped in the corner of the gazebo (due to a fallen statue) and waited for the spell to hit her. When it didn't, she opened one of her eyes before opening the other one as she watched the man go flying to the side and his previous spot was now occupied with Charlie Weasley.

"Are you okay?" He asked, kneeling down in front of Aurora who was still shaking with fear but slowly nodded, "Y-y-yeah," She stuttered.

Without another word, the ginger man quickly helped her back to her feet, picking up her abandoned wand and gently handing it over to her. Her eyes scanned the gazebo. There were no more Death Eaters around but the mess they created still was.

"Where's Fred?" Aurora frantically asked, not being able to spot the ginger man anywhere.

"Hey, hey, calm down," Charlie said, placing his hands on her shoulders as he tried to calm the anxious woman, "He's okay. He went to take Tonks to safety."

Aurora visibly relaxed when she heard Charlie's words. Nodding her head she finally felt her breathing becoming regular.

Charlie gave her a tight-lipped smile, "Come on, let's get you out of here," He said, looking directly at her bloodied hands.