SIXTY-FOUR

Aurora rubbed her left hand as she sat in the common room, listening to Harry and Hermione going back and forth about something that was definitely not interesting for the black haired witch. She looked down at the white bandage that was tightly wrapped around her small pale hand, she was sporting yet another scar by the one and only Dolores Umbridge, luckily this time the session was only an hour and a half so the pain was not anywhere near as bad as the first detention she had.

"How was Quidditch practise?" Aurora's head perked up when she heard Harry asking that question. 

She looked up to see Ron and Ginny Weasley walking into the common room, both looking exhausted. 

"It was a nightmare," Ron sulked.

"Oh, come on," Hermione said, closing her book that was placed on her lap, "I'm sure it wasn't that-"

"Yes, it was," Ginny interrupted, both of the Weasley children nodded their heads as they agreed with one another, "It was appalling. Angelina was almost in tears by the end of it."

With that both of the ginger haired kids went up to their dormitories, to change out of their muddy Quidditch robes and have a shower. 

Aurora shared a sad look with her God-brother, the pair felt guilty for being kicked off the team and banned for life, but they certainly did not feel guilty about what had happened to Draco Malfoy. In fact, that was the only reason Aurora hadn't gone insane from not being able to play Quidditch- the fact that the Slytherin boy got exactly what he deserved.

"Hey, you're back!" Fred's cheery voice said as he made his way over to his girlfriend who was curled up in an armchair close to the fire, "What happened in there?"

Aurora turned her head to see the Weasley twins entering the common room, both making their way over to her, Harry and Hermione; Fred, however, was making his way a lot faster than his twin.

Aurora gave him a reassuring smile, "Nothing much," she mumbled as she sat up, Fred sitting on the arm rest of the chair, his arm stretching out behind Aurora's head, "She gave me yet another lecture, of course, reminding me about Quidditch and the first detention. Then she made me do some lines."

Fred's face fell, his eyes darkened as he glanced down at the bandaged hand that was in Aurora's lap. She quickly grabbed his hand in hers, stroking his knuckles as she looked up into his eyes, "Fred, it's okay. It doesn't even hurt, please don't worry about it."

But he couldn't not worry about it, that evil woman was getting away with torturing the students over the smallest things. Since he didn't want to make a scene in the middle of the common room he just gave Aurora a nod causing her to smile widely as she pressed a quick kiss onto his hand which instantly relaxed him. 

"Ron and Ginny not here?" George asked, looking around as he pulled up a chair.

"Use your eyes, Georgie," Aurora snorted, causing George to glare at her playfully.

"We were watching their practise," George finally stated, "They're going to be slaughtered. They're completely rubbish without us."

"Come on, Ginny's not bad," Fred confessed, "Actually, I don't know how she got so good, seeing how we never let her play with us."

"She's been breaking into your broom shed since she was six and taking each one of your broomsticks out in turn when you weren't looking," Aurora simply said, causing the twins to look at her confused as to why she knows that, she shrugged her shoulders, "I eventually helped her."

Fred grinned widely as he moved his arm off the back of the chair and around Aurora's shoulder, feeling impressed, "Well that'll explain it," he muttered sharing an impressed look with his twin.

"Has Ron saved any goals yet?" Hermione asked.

"Well, he can do it when he doesn't think anyone's watching him," Fred explained, a smirk placed on his face as he snickered, "So all we have to do is ask the crowd to turn their backs and talk amongst themselves every time the Quaffle goes up to his end on Saturday."

Aurora elbowed Fred in his side, but she couldn't help but slightly chuckle at his comment, imaging the Quidditch crowd turning around anytime the Quaffle got anywhere near Ron, and she couldn't like but that mental image definitely brightened her mood.

"You know, Quidditch was about the only thing in this place worth staying for," George mumbled to himself as he shared a look with Fred, one that the other three Gryffindors around them couldn't understand, he then yawned as looked over at the fire, "I dunno if I even want to watch this match. If Zacharias Smith beats us I might have to kill myself."

"Kill him, more like," Fred said.

"That's the trouble with Quidditch," Hermione said, bending her head down as she scribbled things down in her book,  "It creates all this bad feeling and tension between the houses."

Hermione looked up to see Aurora, Fred, George and Harry staring back at her with a look of disbelief, "Well, it does," she said impatiently, "It's only a game, isn't it?"

"Hermione," Harry said shaking his head, "You're good on feelings and stuff, but you just don't understand Quidditch."

"Maybe not," she said darkly, returning her attention to her homework, "But at least my happiness doesn't depend on Ron's goalkeeping ability."

"My happiness doesn't depend on Ron's goalkeeping ability, either," Fred mumbled his eyes fixated on Aurora who was still watching the bushy haired girl in disbelief.