NINE

Fred and George Weasley did everything they could in their power to occupy Aurora's mind so that she wouldn't have to think back to the Defence Against the Dark Arts class that had left her scarred. By October though, she had another thing to occupy herself with; Quidditch. As the Quidditch season was swiftly approaching and their team captain, Oliver Wood, made sure to keep them all busy. It was his last year at the wizarding school and he wants to win at least one Quidditch Cup before he leaves. 

"This is our last chance- my last chance- to win the Quidditch Cup," he told the team as he stood in front of them, walking from one side to the other, "I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it. Gryffindor haven't won fir seven years now. We've had the worst luck in the world-injuries- then the tournament getting called off last year...." Wood swallowed, as if the memory still brought a lump to his throat, "But we also know we've got the best bloody team in the school. We've got three superb Chasers," He pointed at Aurora Black, Katie Bell and Angelina Johnson. "We've got two unbeatable Beaters," Wood continued.

"Oh, stop it, Oliver, you're embarrassing us," Fred and George said together, as they pretended to blush. Aurora laughed at them as she sat on the bench in between the pair. 

"And we've got a Seeker who has never failed to win us a match!" Wood said as he ignored the twins, "And me," he added, as an afterthought. 

"We think you're very good too, Wood," George told him.

"Definitely! Cracking Keeper," Fred said. 

"The point is," Wood went on, once again ignoring the twins comments, "the Quidditch Cup should have had our name on it these last two years. Ever since Harry joined the team, Ive thought the Cup was in the bag. But we still haven't got it, and this year's the last chance we'll get to finally see our name on that thing..."

Aurora shared a sympathetic look with the twins, "Oliver this year's our year," She smiled up at her Captain. She knew how much this win would mean to him.

"We'll do it, Oliver," George said.

"Definitely," Harry added.

Full of determination, the Gryffindor Quidditch team started training sessions, three evenings a week. The weather was getting colder and the nights were becoming darker. But no amount of mud, wind or rain could tarnish Oliver's wonderful vision of finally winning the huge silver Quidditch Cup as he trained his team up the best that he could. 

Aurora returned to the common room with the twins at either side of her, she was cold and stiff and sighed in content as she felt the warm fire in the common room as soon as her foot stepped through the portrait hole. She felt Fred nudge her and his head pointed towards the notice board where the three fifteen year olds made their way to.

"First Hogsmeade weekend," George read out loud, "End of October. Halloween,"

Aurora smiled widely, "Ooooo, I love Halloween," She beamed as she rubbed her hands together to get some warmth into them.

"Excellent," Fred said, "I need to visit Zonko's, I'm nearly all out of Stink Pellets. You'll be joining won't you, Black?" He asked as his eyes landed on the short girl in between him and his twin.

Aurora quickly nodded her head, "Yeah, definitely. I'm off for a warm shower now though, see you later boys," she gave the twins one last smile before she ran up the stairs to the girl's dormitory.

Fred's brown eyes followed the girl until she disappeared up the stairs and could no longer be seen, he sighed sadly before he looked back at the notice.

"Why so glum, chum?" George laughed.

"I'm not," Fred mumbled, his cheeks turning a rose colour as his brother was sending him a knowing smirk, "I'm gonna go for a shower," he quickly added and before George could add anything else Fred ran up the stairs, taking two at a time.

"What's with him?" Lee asked as he came over to George, who was still covered in mud as he wore his Quidditch uniform.

"Oh, Lee, my dear dear friend," George said dramatically, causing Lee to give him a very confused and uncomfortable look, "Our little Freddie is head over heels in love."

"So, what," Lee said, "Are we gonna follow him upstairs and tease him?" He asked his eyes looking hopeful.

"You bet," George nodded eagerly before the two friends ran up the stairs to their dormitory, knocking over some first years on the way as they pushed through trying to get up to the room as fast as they could.