EIGHTY-TWO

Aurora Black was helping out at the joke shop when she heard the news.

Dumbledore was dead. Murdered by Professor Severus Snape.

Her heart felt like it had fallen down to her stomach as she ran upstairs into the flat, she noticed Molly and Arthur talking to the twins when she reached it, their faces filled with sorrow as they explained what Harry explained to them.

That was almost a week ago. 

Now, Aurora sat in-between the twins, she wore a knee length ebony dress with lace sleeves and some black heels helping her reach the twins' necks; seeing as they looked like scraping towers whenever they stood besides the short girl.

The twins wore matching black dragon skin suits as the trio sat besides the rest of the guests that had arrived at Dumbledore's funeral; which was being held at the Black lake at Hogwarts. There were more than a hundred of guests there already; ranging from everyone from the Order of the Phoenix, to the staff from Hogwarts, Tom; the landlord of the Leaky Cauldron, the hairy looking bass player from the wizarding band The Weird Sisters, Ernie Prang; the driver of the Knight Bus, Madam Malkin; the owner of the robe shop in Diagon Alley, even the ghosts from the school and other people, some Aurora recognised vaguely and others complete strangers to the black haired girl.

Aurora twisted her head around when she heard voices coming closer, her eyes scanned the faces of the students from Hogwarts; all of them dressed in black with gloomy facial expressions as they all scurried around finding empty seats to occupy. There were a lot of whispers as people talked amongst themselves whilst the last of the guests settled in.

Aurora felt a light, almost feather-touch on her palm and she instinctively looked down, a small smile creeping up onto her face as she watched Fred mindlessly stroke her knuckles, his hand wrapped around hers securely. Her chocolate brown eyes looked up at the ginger haired boy besides her, they both gave each other tight lipped smiles as subconsciously they were thinking the same thing. Which was worrying about the state of the wizarding war now that the most powerful wizard was dead.

The black haired girl squeezed Fred's hand, remembering the feeling of his touch just in case something bad were to happen to either one of them. Her chest tightened at the thought of Fred dying in the next wizarding war, the thought of anyone close to her dying from it and when she finally felt the tears pricking at her eyes she shook her head - as if she was shaking the thoughts out of her mind - and quickly blinked them away before Fred could see.

Aurora looked over at the murky water of the lake, squinting her eyes slightly, she was able to make out the shape of merpeople just beneath the surface of the water, they were singing in a strange language. The music spoke clearly of loss and despair.

Suddenly, she felt a nudge to her side, turning her attention to Fred she then looked at where he nodded his head to. It was at the aisle in the middle of the chairs, that's where the black haired woman noticed Hagrid walking slowly, holding Dumbledore's body in his hands; it was wrapped in a purple velvet cape with golden stars scattered on it. 

Aurora felt a couple of tears fall down her cheeks as she watched Hagrid gently placing the body down upon a large white stone table. He then retreated back up the aisle, blowing his nose loudly as he walked away, causing a few people to sent him a disgusted and scandalised look his way.

As Hagrid walked away to find a spare seat, a short man dressed in a long black robe stood up from the seat right at the front, he went and stood behind Dumbledore's body as he cleared his throat and looked up at the large crowd as the service began.

★★★★

Once the service was over and Dumbledore's body was secured in a large, white stone tomb the guests began leaving. Aurora's eyes scanned the school grounds and when she found the familiar black haired boy she moved away from the twins and began making her way over to him.

When Harry noticed Aurora walking towards him, he instantly rushed over to her, wrapping his arms around her petite body as he let out a couple of sniffles. Aurora's heart broke even more, she knew what Dumbledore meant to the boy and she knew, first hand, that it wasn't easy losing people who were so important to you.

"You know you can stay with me and the twins if you need to, right?" Aurora stated as the pair unwrapped themselves from the comforting hug.

Harry let out a sigh and nodded, "I know, but I need to track down these Horcruxes," He explained, his voice quiet as he spoke, "That's what he wanted me to do, that's why he told me all about them. If Dumbledore was right - and I'm sure he was - there are still four of them out there. I've got to find them and destroy them and then I've got to go after the seventh bit of Voldemort's soul, the bit that's still in his body, and I'm the one who's going to kill him. And if I meet Severus Snape along the way," He added, his voice stern, "So much the better for me, so much the worse for him."

There was a long silence before Aurora looked at him with a confused look on her face, "Four?" She asked, "Didn't you already get the locket?"

Harry took the golden locket out of his pocket, "It was a fake," He explained, passing it over to Aurora who looked it over, her fingertips dancing on the golden stone as she let out a nervous exhale. 

Suddenly, the locket opened and she noticed a small, folded piece of parchment in the middle of it. She looked up at Harry and he nodded, encouraging her to read it. Aurora let out a breath she didn't realise she was holding as she unfolded the parchment carefully, 

'To the Dark Lord,

I know I will be dead long before you read this, but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. 

I have stolen the real Horcrux and inner to destroy is as soon as I can.

I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more.

R.A.B'

Harry let out a sigh as he ran his fingers through his messy raven hair, "I don't even know who he is," He admitted, "We haven't been able to find anything about him in the library, I don't know where to find him."

Aurora looked up from the writing, her eyes scanning the boys face, "You won't find him in the library," She admitted causing Harry's ears to perk up, "You won't find him anywhere," She added her voice wavering slightly as tears pricked her eyes, Harry scrunched his eyebrows as he looked at the black haired woman in confusion, "Regulus Arcturus Black."

AN- Sorry for the long wait, I had a bit of a writer's block with this story but I've managed to break it (kind of).

I have a few ideas of what will happen in Deathly Hallows regarding the death of a certain Weasley, would you prefer me to do a poll and do the one that was the most popular or should I just surprise you all (and myself tbh)

Let me know in the comments, happy reading (and of course, thank you for the constant support!!! It honestly means so much to me to know people are reading and actually enjoying this story) xx