FIFTY-EIGHT

The following morning, Aurora begrudgingly walked to the Owlery as soon as she woke up, she wore her wooly hat, scarf and coat, silently hating herself for not bringing her gloves as well

The following morning, Aurora begrudgingly walked to the Owlery as soon as she woke up, she wore her wooly hat, scarf and coat, silently hating herself for not bringing her gloves as well. The air was chilly as a thick layer of snow covered the ground.

On her way back from the Owlery, she felt so cold she couldn't wait to finally get inside and drink some steaming hot chocolate. But two loud laughs interrupted her cocoa thoughts.She glanced in the direction of the noise and saw Fred and George standing close to the Gryffindor Tower, their wands in their hands and a large pile of snowballs by their feet.

Aurora laughed gently as she quickly made her way over to the twins, her boots crunching in the snow causing them to snap their heads around in a panic, but relief quickly washed over their faces when they noticed it was just the girl walking over. George send her a nod and smile before he levitated one of the many snowballs in the air, and then made it fly towards the Gryffindor Tower. It flew through a slightly opened window and a loud 'Ow, Stop it!' was heard coming out of Ron.

Fred swiftly made his way over to Aurora, a large smile plastered on his face. She was glad to see him feeling better than he was the previous day, which caused her to smile widely at him as well. When Fred got to the black haired girl, he instinctively grabbed hold of her cold hand, he was surprised to see she wasn't wearing any gloves and he quickly dropped her hand back down to her side, whilst quickly taking off his gloves.

"Take these," Fred said placing his wooly gloves into her hands, "Your hands are freezing."

"Won't yours get cold?" Aurora asked, raising an eyebrow which Fred couldn't see due to the hat on her head.

"No, they won't, Miss Smarty Pants," He told her laughing, before he grabbed one of her hands again and tried his best to slip the glove on it. However, it didn't work as well as he had hoped it would; he constantly placed her fingers into the wrong hole, sometimes even placing two in one by accident. His bit his bottom lip as he concentrated on getting her hand into the glove, which caused her to let out a couple of laughs; that of course, made Fred laugh too.

"I'll do it," She told him before taking off the glove he half put on, and then placed her fingers through the right holes, slipping the glove over her hand and sighing in comfort at the instant warmth it provided her. She repeated the task with the second glove and then grabbed his large hand, intertwining it with hers.

"So, what on earth are you two up to?" She asked when the couple reached a laughing George.

"Be-Bewitching these snowballs...to hit Ron," George said, clutching his stomach as he let out a few laughs.

"Oh, come on, leave the poor kid alone," Aurora suggested, "Let's go get warmed up."

George nodded, but he quickly bewitched the rest of the balls that were left (only about eight more) and made them fly through the window. He quickly ran away as he saw Ron appear in said window, glaring down at them as he tried to shake off the snow from his hair and robes.