Jay's Matchmaking

Sybil wasn't planning on telling any of her friends or Scott about Jay just yet. She knew they would try to talk her out of it and Sybil wasn't prepared to listen to them complain. That and she didn't want to.

She had to prepare Jay for the best and for the worst. That's why Sybil headed over to his room. She saw the plaque with their names on it. She knocked, but no one answered. She knocked hard, in case they didn't hear the first time, but nothing.

"Hey Sybil?" Sybil turned around to find Carlos De Vil behind her. with Dude in his arms.

"Have you seen Jay?" Sybil asked, cutting to the point.

"You can try Mal and Evie's room."

"Thanks." Sybil said, before walking away quickly. Carlos looked from her then to Dude and shrugged.

"What was that all about?" Carlos asked. Dude didn't answer, only looked up and tilted his head. Carlos shrugged again and unlocked the door and closed it behind him.

*~*~*~*~*

Sybil stood in front of Evie's room, but didn't knock at all. Why was she so scared to knock? She looked to see if anyone was around before lifting her fist up to knock. except, before she was actually able to knock, and door flung open and Jay stood there. He jumped back, having been surprised.

"Sybil, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Jay asked with a smirk. Evie, who was inside the room sitting at her sewing machine, jumped up at the mention of Sybil's name. She raced over to the door to see Sybil herself there. Evie played it cool and put on a straight face. She crossed her arms and waited for her to talk.

"I came to talk to you about a--uhh... the project we have." Sybil said, covering up her reason she was there with a lie because Evie was listening in. Evie's face shifted a little to a hurt one. Perhaps Sybil was into Jay, of course she was. Every girl in Auradon is into Jay.

"Right, right. The project." Jay winked. He opened the door wide to let Sybil in. She hesitated at first, not wanting to speak in front of Evie about the matter, but went in either way. "Make yourself comfortable, I'll be back in a few." Jay told Sybil before heading out the door.

"Wait, wh--" Sybil was cut off by the slam at the door. Now she was alone in the room with Evie.

Outside the door, Jay smirked with a nod.

"They are so into each other." Jay said, before heading out to flirt with some Auradon girls.

*~*~*~*~*

Sybil and Evie sat in silence, except for Evie's sewing machine. Evie did her best not to stare at Sybil and Sybil felt awkward.

"I'm sure he'll be back soon." Evie said to Sybil. Sybil gave a nod to Evie, but she was unconvinced about it. She didn't know what Jay was achieving by doing this but she felt out of place.

"I should just go. You seem busy and I don't want to bother you." Sybil said as she stood up. Evie stood immediately and waves her hands.

"You're not! I mean-- you're not a bother." Evie stuttered. She looked down at her newest creation. Sybil slowly sat back down and looked at the fabric that hanged off the table.

"What are you working on?" Sybil asked. Evie looked up and smiled.

"My dress for Ben's coronation." Evie said and she pulled the almost finished dress carefully out of her sewing machine to show it off. Evie looked at Sybil nervously. "W-what do you think?"

"It's beautiful and blue. I love blue, and red and yellow." Sybil rambling. She took a good look at the dress before she stood up to look at it even closer.

"Me too, well except for yellow, but yeah." Evie agreed. Sybil touching the ruffles of the dress.

"This is definitely better than my dress." Sybil admitted.

"I doubt it." Evie said.

"It has puffy sleeves." Sybil mentioned. She watched as Evie's smile turned into a weird look.

"Yeah, that is bad." Evie blurted out. They both burst out in laughter.

"I know." Sybil agreed. She looked down at her hands. "Everyone wanted me to look like my mom for the coronation. The perfect carbon copy."

"And you don't want that?" Evie asked. All her life, she wanted what Snow White had, to be just like her. Here her daughter stood in front of Evie, not wanting that.

"I love my mom, believe me. I just don't want to become her. I like adventure, she likes to talking to woodland creatures." Evie tilted her head and listened.

"I can relate." Evie said. "My mom wants me to find a rich prince with a big castle. Mal says that I don't need prince, that I can make it by on my own."

"Guess we have something in common." Sybil told her.

"What is that?" Evie asked her. Sybil leaned in and smiles.

"We aren't exactly like our parents." Evie giggled. Sybil now felt welcomed in the room.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for error and that it might be an awful written chapter.