Games and Just Desserts

Next day was a tiring one. Sybil was sleepy from the scavenger hunt just the night before. Today is also the Tourney game and Sybil wore Auradon colors. It just so happens to be the colors she wears on an ordinary day, minus the red.

She leaned her head against the locker and closed her eyes for a bit, before a loud sound jolted her up. It was Scott who hit the locker right in front of her.

"Alright, considering that you haven't apologize about what happened, I figured that we can talk it all out and get through this." Scott said. Sybil only caught one thing that made her instantly mad.

"Me, apologize? Are you kidding? I did nothing wrong, Scott." Sybil said, wanting to yell, but not cause a scene. Scott looked at her as if she was dumb.

"You were fraternizing with the enemy, Sybil. You basically betrayed mom." Scott argued back. Sybil scoffed in disbelief at the words that came out of his mouth.

"Betrayed? All we did was talk. What, can I not talk to anyone anymore without you approving?"

"I don't trust them. It's not just the Evil Queen's daughter--"

"Her name is Evie, stop referring to her as 'Evil Queen's daughter'." Sybil corrected. Scott shook his head.

"Whatever. Anyways, it's not just Evil-- Evie, I don't trust, it's all of them. They're planning something, I can feel it."

"You're crazy." Sybil said before walking away without another word. She didn't get very far when a hand grabbed onto her forearm.

"Scott, I swear I'll deck you." Sybil snaps. When she turned around she found that it wasn't Scott. It was Jay. Sybil didn't smile at him, Jay gave her smirk.

"Can I help you?" Sybil asked.

"I believe you can." Jay said with a smirk.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"This is a nail-biter, folks. There's 47 seconds left on the clock. We're all tied up. The Sherwood falcons, two. The fighting knights, two. What a game between Auradon's fiercest rivals." The commentator said through the microphone. "The teams get into their huddles and take up positions along the kill zone. Akiho! The dragoneers have been laying down a withering hail of fire."

Sybil entered the field and sat at the bleachers. Her head swam with many thoughts on what Jay had spoke to her about. She caught the eye of Jay from the field and sent her a wink. Sybil scowled.

"When they break from their huddles, this is gonna be a big moment here. And the tipoff is ready. Here we go. Long pass goes to Jay. Jay dishes off to prince Ben. Nice little block by Carlos. He does a little dancing jig in his opponent's face. And now Jay gets the ball back. Here comes Jay! Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field."

"I'm open!" Ben yells.

"Jay makes a nice pass to Prince Ben throughout the kill zone. Big block by Chad! Prince Ben moves over wide, gives it back to Jay. He's in the clear! Shot! Oh, what a save by Philip the Falcons' goalkeeper."

"Come on! All right, all right, let's do it!" Ben yells again.

"Come on, guys! Come on, hustle, hustle!" Coach Jenkins encouraged.

"23 seconds left. You could cut the tension with a sword. The long ball is played into Jay. Jay, great jump, great leap. And a great move by Jay. Big block from Chad. Jay dishes off to Prince Ben. And then Carlos with a big block, goes down. Jay through the kill zone, picks up Carlos. Oh, he's being hammered by dragon fire. Still, going on. Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. He's in the clear. The ball goes back to Jay. He passes to prince Ben. He scores! Prince Ben has won it! What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible! And it's the new guys, Jay and Carlos, who set up the prince for the win here. What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever. Here they come, folks. The winners of the first tourn..."

The mic was ripped away from the commentator by Ben.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please? There's something I'd like to say." Ben gave a brief pause. "Give me an "M"!"

"M"!

"Give me an "A"!"

"A"!

"Give me an "L"!"

"L"!

"What does that spell?"

"Mal!"

"Come on, I can't hear you!"

"MAL!"

"I love you, Mal! Did I mention that?" Ben said to Mal, who was in the crowd. Audrey ran off the field in embarrassment. Sybil quickly got up from the bleachers and followed her into the school. After what felt like forever, Sybil found Audrey on the ground with her knees tucked close to her chest. Her head with covered by her arms to hide her face from everyone. Her shoulders moved, showing that she was crying.

"Audrey, are you ok?" Sybil asked, kneeling down to rub Audrey's back. Audrey sobbed more. Sybil was angry at Ben for doing that to Audrey, but she was also angry with Mal for coming in between them. Maybe Scott was right (for once...), these villain's kids are nothing but trouble.

Sybil took a deep breath and shook Audrey by her shoulder. "Listen to me right now, Audrey. You don't need Ben. If he can't appreciate you, then he doesn't deserve you. Don't let him or anyone bring you down."

Audrey had finally looked up and nodded. Sybil took out a hand mirror and a handkerchief and handed them to Audrey.

"I'm such a mess!" Audrey exclaimed as she looked at herself through the mirror. She wiped her eyes, but mascara was on her face.

"Let's get you cleaned up in the restroom."

"You're a good friend, you know that?"

"Yeah, I know." Sybil teased. Audrey chuckled softly through the snuffing. Sybil helped her fix herself up. Though her eyes were still a bit puffy, Audrey grabbed Sybil's hand and dragged her with her.

They were back on the field, running into Chad. Chad looks at Audrey in concern.

"Audrey, you alright?" Chad asked. Audrey had caught the way Ben was standing in front of Mal. She stormed up to them with her holding Chad's hand and Sybil's arm. Audrey ripped the mic from Ben's hand.

"Chad's my boyfriend now! And I'm going to the coronation with him. So I don't need your pity date." Audrey gloated before kissing Chad.

"Whoa!" The crowd gasped. Ben took back the mic and looked at Mal.

"Mal! Will you go to the coronation with me?" Ben asked Mal

"Yes!" Mal said.

"She said yes!" Ben shouted. Audrey stormed off with Chad following. Evie had been looking at Sybil with a smile.

"Sybil, hi--" Evie stopped talking when she saw the look Sybil gave her and Mal before following Audrey. Her face lost its normal smile as she watched her leave.

Mal saw it all and looks at Evie in pity.

"I feel really sorry for Audrey." Mal said. Evie looks at her with a confused look.

"You do?" Evie asked.

"Yeah. I feel like if she were talented like you, and she knew how to sew and knew beauty tips, that she wouldn't need a prince to make her feel better about herself." Mal said, though she had thought Evie was sad about Chad. Evie gave her a confident smile.

"I guess I am kind of talented."

"You are definitely gifted."

"Thanks, M." Evie said. Mal still could see Evie's broken look.

"Don't let her get you down, E." Mal said. Evie nodded.

"I won't, Audrey can--" Evie was cut off.

"I wasn't talking about Audrey." Mal said knowingly. Evie only blushed and looked away for her best friend.