Amends

...

Sybil arrived to her final destination. The only destination in her mind at the moment. She knocked on the door and waited for it to open. She heard shuffling inside and a few hushed voice before the door actually opened.

Mal frowned and glared at Sybil. She crossed her arms and blocked the view of inside the room.

"Is Evie here?" Sybil asked. Something inside the door dropped and made a loud sound before Mal was suddenly pulled away from the door and replaced with Evie. The door opened slightly to see Jay pulling Mal away from the door to give the two some privacy.

Evie looked at Sybil in shock. They haven't spoken two one another since that day with the kiss. The very thought of that day made Evie's face heat up with embarrassment.

Embarrassed of the rejection and of the idea of kissing her again. Evie's face felt hot and tried to smile. "Hi..."

Sybil smiled back softly. "Can we talk out in the hall for a moment... please?"

Evie nodded frantically and exited the room, shutting the door in the process. Immediately the sound of shuffling and something hitting the door was heard but neither of the girls minded. Sybil fiddled with her hands nervously.

"I-I don't know where to start..." Sybil starts, looking at Evie with nervous eyes. "I guess I first want to apologize for my idiot of a brother. He was completely out of hand and everything he said is horrible. And if you see him tomorrow with a broken nose, just know that he deserves it. I also wanted to apologize for my own actions. I was hostile towards you because of all the stories people have told me about your mother. That's no excuse for treating you the way I did, it's just what happened. Of course knowing you better now, you are definitely not how I heard your mother was like. You're nice to people, and smart even when you don't think so. AND you are so talented with making clothes, I mean in the short time you have been here you managed to design, cut out and make a dress for the coronation. I have no doubt that you probably also made the other's outfits too. Sorry-I think I've just sidelined..."

Evie watched as Sybil tried to gather her thoughts, her own cheeks flaring up the same color as Sybil's red headband.

Sybil took a deep breath and smiles. "What I'm trying to say is I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything and I'm sorry for just leaving you that day you kissed me. You just-you caught me by surprise and I'm usually not the kind of person to take surprise well because I like knowing things before hand." Now Sybil's own cheek were heated and bright red. "I'm sorry and I hope we can be friends."

Evie didn't say anything, not trusting her own words. Sybil looked at her nervously waiting for a response.

Evie, without thinking, stuttered out, "So-so if I had told I was gonna kiss you, you wouldn't have ran away after?" Evie felt herself dying inside from her question, she felt like she was gonna die from embarrassment.

"I would've still been surprised—but no, probably not. It—umm, it was, it was a nice kiss actually." Sybil answers stuttering, blushing herself. Evie only nods slowly, trying to process the new information.

Sybil was totally okay with the kiss. She liked the kiss even. It was just the lack of preparation that threw her off. She liked the kiss. She liked the kiss. She liked the kiss. The kiss I gave her. She liked kissing me. Evie's thoughts raced in her mind as she could feel her heart wanting to leap out of her chest.

The one thing that disturbed the moment was the sound of shuffling for behind the room door. No doubt Evie's friends eavesdropping. Evie and Sybil looked at each other for a moment before bursting out in laughter and Evie banged on the door where she knew her friend's heads were pressed against it. A few groans were heard and the door opened up quickly.

Jay walked out with an innocent smile.

"Oh hey you two. What's happening?" He asks, trying to act like he was listening from the very beginning. Sybil only gives him a smirk before remembering something to herself and pulls out an envelope. She holds it out for Jay.

Jay takes it out of curiosity and looks at Sybil confused.

"It's better you open it alone. And don't lose it cause it'll be the only thing to let you in." Was all Sybil said. She looked back at Evie and smiled at her.

"I'll see you all for Coronation Day then." Sybil says. She waves goodbye to the two VKs. Evie stares as she leaves with a happy smile. When Sybil was long gone, Evie looked over to Jay who had a teasing grin.

"Ohh Sybil, you're so beautiful! Let's run away together and live in a castle far away and live happily ever after! Tra-la-la-la-la~" Jay mocks, his voice pitched high to mimic Evie. She just punches his arm and rushes back inside to avoid Jay seeing her blush.

Jay stares down at the letter in his hands before smirking, and tucking it in his jacket for safe keeping.

So many typos and errors.