Having My Un-attention

Sybil separated from her friends and brother to the one class none of them shared with her. English. It wasn't her favorite subject, but she still has to keep her A+ intact.

She sat by the window in the second to last row. As others piled in, Sybil immediately noticed one in particular. Blue hair was all she could see. Evie looked around the class with a smile. It drops when she noticed Snow White's daughter in the class too.

Evie sucked in air and walks over with confidence. "Can I sit here?" Evie asked, pointing at desk next to Sybil.

"I don't know, can you?" Sybil mocked. Evie couldn't help but giggle like crazy, she walked into that joke. Others around them gave Evie a weird look, wondering why she was laughing out of nowhere. Evie quickly sat down.

Sybil's English teacher, Matilda Wormwood, walked into the classroom.

"Alright class, you were supposed to read the first six chapters in To Kill a Mockingbird. Let's talk about..." The words escaped Sybil as she looked out the window. Evie raises her hand.

"Yes?" Ms. Wormwood looks at Evie.

"I don't have a book." Evie answers. Wormwood looked over her paper, not remembering Evie ever having her in the class at the time.

"Your name?"

"Evie." There was a pause as Ms. Wormwood went through her papers for any new information.

"Oh yes, from the Isle, am I correct? Well, welcome to Auradon. You don't have a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird, by any chance?" Evie shook her head 'no'. "That's alright, you can share with someone next to you until you can get your own. Sybil, would share your book with Evie?"

Sybil looked at Wormwood then at Evie before tossing the book on Evie's desk.

"You can borrow it. I know the book backwards and forwards." Sybil answers. Evie picks the book up careful and smiles.

"Well, then I guess problem solved. Everyone turn to page 7, let's talk a bit about Dill." Wormwood said. The class went on and on able the book, talking about how Dill wanted to get Boo Radley out of the house.

Evie, however, didn't pay attention either. Instead she read through the first few chapters, occasionally stumbled upon little side notes and doodles done by the owner of the book herself. Evie even found drawing of apples, coincidence.

Once the last class was over and the final bell rang indicating that school was over, Sybil rushed out of the class to get a head start on homework.

She opened her locker to leave her book when Audrey walked over

"Hey Sybil." Audrey greeted.

"Hi Audrey, what's up?" Sybil asked her.

"Nothing much, just wondering if anything happened. I heard you and the Evil Queen's daughter have a class or two together. I still can't believe Ben went off as to invite them here--" And so it went on, Audrey rambled on. Sybil yawned, but covered her mouth, hiding it from her friend.

*~*~*~*~*

In Lilo and Sybil's room, Cece was writing down her answers for math. Suddenly her head shots up, her eyes glaring at the window.

"Are you alright, Cece?" Lilo asked her.

"My Sybil-Sense is tingling." Cece response, running to and out the door. Lilo shakes her head in disbelief before returning to her work.

*~*~*~*~*

Audrey still went on about her dislike towards Ben's idea when Sybil spotted Cece turning the corner. Cece spotted her and immediately walks over.

"Oh my gosh, Sybil, you have to help me. It's a fashion emergency!" Cece yells in fake panic, yet trying to mock Audrey at the same time. She stopped in front of  them and grabbed onto Sybil's arm. She turns to look at Audrey. "Audrey, you don't mind if I borrow Sybil, do you?"

Audrey looked triggered, but kept calm.

"Not at all. It would be good for you to have some decent fashion advise. Bye Sybil." Audrey waves and leaves. Cece glared in disbelief at what Audrey had just said. Cece has great fashion, right? Whatever.

"Sorry I wasn't here soon. Could have saved you from that bit--" Sybil stopped her before Cece could say another word.

"Hey! She's not that bad, a bit annoying, but not bad."

"Yeah, yeah. Anyways, let's go so I can copy off you homework."

"Why can't you ever do your own work?" Sybil asks as they started walking back to her dorm.

"Too much work for me, I guess." Cece shrugged.

*~*~*~*~*

In the room where Mal and Evie are staying in, Jane complains to Mal about what her mother, Fairy Godmother, had said. Evie had ignored Jane and sewed a new outfit together. It was leathery and dark blue, matching everything about her.

"Boyfriends are overrated." Mal told Jane. Evie finally looked up from her clothes and gave Mal a mocking look.

"And how would you know, Mal? You've never had one." Evie exposed. Mal looked up at Evie.

"It's 'cause I don't need one, E." Mal raises her voice. "They're a waste of time."

Evie shock her head and reached over to grab a pair of scissors. That's when she noticed the book she was reading in class and her eyes widen. She didn't return the book.

"I forgot to give Sybil back the book! Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no." Evie stands and begins to pace.

"Who?" Mal asked.
"Sybil White?" Jane asked. Both had said it at the same time that Evie could only make out Sybil's name.

"Yeah, Sybil let me use it during class." Evie informed. Mal raises her brow.

"Wow, you and Snow White's kid had classes together?" Mal asked in shock.

"Yup."

"And you didn't kill her and she didn't kill you?" Mal asks another question.

"Mmhmm."

"Impressive. I can't go two seconds without wanting to slap Sleeping Beauty's daughter." Mal admits with a chuckle. Evie smiled and looked down at the book. Tomorrow she'll return it.