Chapter Nineteen

"Diana?!" Nick yelled in shock as he watched her materialize from thin air in his room

"Diana?!" Nick yelled in shock as he watched her materialize from thin air in his room. He ran to her and was pleased that, even though she wasn't really there, he was somehow able to hug her. "Are your mom and Kelly okay?" Nick asked her quickly, now kneeling in front of her and holding her shoulders.

"We miss you," Diana told him.

Nick smiled sadly. "I know. I miss you, too. I don't know how to get back to you, but I'm trying," he answered honestly.

Diana stared blankly, listening to Adalind, Eve, and Renard speak to her instead of listening to Nick. They were telling her to ask specific questions. "Where are you?" she questioned, her eyes focusing on Nick's face again.

"I don't know," Nick told her. "Maybe underground somewhere? There aren't any windows here. Tell that to whoever's with you."

"I'm with Daddy, Mommy, and Eve," Diana informed Nick.

Nick nodded. "Tell them what I said."

Diana's eyes went out of focus again and she repeated what Nick had told her. When her eyes moved to look at Nick's face again, she asked, "Who is doing this?" It didn't sound like a question from Diana. She must have been asking on Eve's behalf, or maybe Adalind's.

"The Reapers and what used to be Black Claw. They formed an alliance," Nick said. He waited for Diana to repeat his words and then ask another question.

"Is Reichardt involved?" Diana asked, probably for Renard.

"Yes, and so is..." Nick paused, realizing that there was something he should have told them first. "Miles. Miles from HW. He works for Reichardt. You need to tell them that right now!" Nick yelled urgently.

Diana quickly repeated the message to her audience.

"We have to go," Diana told Nick quickly. "Hank and Wu told Renard they were meeting Miles." The words were clearly Eve's or Adalind's considering Diana would never call her father Renard. "Is there anything else we need to know?"

"They want the book. Keep the book safe," Nick said urgently. Diana repeated the words blankly and when she finished, she looked at Nick with a heartbroken expression. "We're going to find you. I love you," she said, hugging Nick.

Nick's door opened, and suddenly, Nick was hugging the air.

"What are you doing?" Damien asked.

"Uhhh." Nick had to think of something to tell him. Whatever it was, it wasn't going to be the truth.

*************

"I'm calling Hank right now," Renard said urgently as he held his phone up to his ear.

"I'll get Wu," Eve offered, dialing her phone.

After a few moments, both of them frantically dialed numbers on their phones again. "I got his voicemail. I'm going to try again," Renard said.