"...I...I've never even been injured, so...I was wondering what it felt like..." said Gaara looking at his wrist. Yashamaru started to think before answering "Well...I'm not sure how to describe it...it's kinda painful...kinda unbearable...in short, I guess you could imagine...being hit or cut and you can't hold it in or be yourself any longer...I can't really describe it...it's no fun, definitely..." said Yashamaru smiling, Gaara looked at Yashamaru's wrist where he was cut by the sand before he looked down "Yashamaru..." said Gaara getting his attention "...then...Yashamaru, do you...hate me?" asked Gaara hurt in his eyes as he looks at Yashamaru.

"Humans live their lives hurting others and being hurt in return. But even despite all that...people still love more than they hate..." Yashamaru answered, Gaara smiled at him "...thanks, Yashamaru...maybe I am starting to understand...what it means to hurt, now" said Gaara "...is that so...?" asked Yashamaru "So...could I be injured too? just like everyone else..." asked Gaara. Yashamaru looked at him confused. "It...always hurts" said Gaara as he put his hand where his heart was. "It doesn't bleed...but it hurts right here."

Yashamaru kneeled down in front of Gaara, he grabbed the knife from Gaara's hand, and he cut his finger, shocking Gaara.

"A wound of the body certainly bleeds...and can appear painful. But as time passes, the pain will fade on its own...and if one uses medicine, it will heal even faster" said Yashamaru, Gaara didn't say anything as he was still shocked, Yashamaru healed the knife where his heart was "...but what are troublesome are the wounds of the heart...they are extremely slow to heal" said Yashamaru "...wounds of the heart?" asked Gaara confused "Wounds of the heart are a bit different. Unlike wounds of the body, there are no medicines that can help them get better...and sometimes, they never heal. There is just one thing...that can ease the wounds of the heart. Unfortunately, it's a bothersome cure...for you can only receive it from another" explained Yashamaru before looking at the picture of his sister, Karura. 

"...what is it?"

"Love"

"Love?" asked Gaara confused "Yes" said Yashamaru with a smile "...b...but, so how can one receive it?" asked Gaara "You have already received some, Lord Gaara" "I have?" asked Gaara "Love is...the feeling that makes you want to strive for and protect those around you who are precious to you...just like elder sister..." said Yashamaru as him and Gaara looked at her picture before Gaara looked back at him.

"I truly believe elder sister loved you very deeply, Lord Gaara. Shukaku of the Sand is supposed to be a wraith used for offensive assaults. When the sand tries to protect you, I believe it's an expression of maternal love. I think that your mother's will has seeped into the sand. Elder sister...must have wanted to protect you...even unto her death..." said Yashamaru still looking at the frame of his elder sister "Yashamaru, thank you for your help..." said Gaara "What do you mean?" asked Yashamaru confused "For stopping me" said Gaara with a smile "Of course. You are very precious to me, Lord Gaara!" said Yashamaru with a smile "...then...Yashamaru...? may I ask you for a favor...?" asked Gaara "What is it?" asked Yashamaru "I want some wound ointment" said Gaara.