Chapter 29

I tried to sneak away several times but Ash always seemed to catch me. And every time I tried he seemed to get even more mad.

Just by me turning he'll growl like a fucking animal. It would be really hot if it wasn't directed at me negatively.

I slowly slide my foot back behind me. He turned his head and glared at me. He regripped my bicep and growled.

I glared back at him and now we're stuck in a intense stare off. "You must look at yourself a lot in mirror to be that good at starring. But, there are always shorter and better people big guy." I said while wiggling my eyebrows.

I was hoping he would blink but he just gave me a unamused look. "Are you a reptile? Because you never blink." I pointed out, forcing myself to stare into his stormy eyes.

He growled again at me. "Are you like a werewolf or something? Because you like to growl a lot. Don't get me wrong, it's super hot and adds to that bad boy, dangerous, daughter calling someone else daddy that's not her dad vibe. But at the same time it doesn't seem very human. Like is your family secret your all super natural beings? You're a werewolf, Austin's a telepath, Jordan would be a siren and Cameron would most likely be a djinn because they're playful but cunning. They can twist anything you say. Then Brian would be a vampire or something because they suck blood and suck. I'm rambling again aren't I? Sorry, I'm tired."

I turned back to face Ash down with my speech. He looked at me in absolute confusion, he blinked a few times trying to process everything. "

Even with him grasping my arm I threw them in the air. "Yes! You blinked! I win!" He cheered excitedly. He looked even more confused.

In a deep voice that showed he was still angry he growled, "what the fuck are you talking about?" Confusion now dancing with the anger.

"Are you asking about the speech or me winning?" I asked him seriously. He rolled his eyes, "both."

"Well you can't tell Austin I told you, but I know he can read minds. I know crazy. Pretty sure you already know because you're brothers but whatever. So I came to the conclusion your whole family are supernatural creatures. That explains why you're all so hot." He looked even more taken back then before.

I scoffed and waved my non-hostage hand. "Don't even act like you don't know you guys are hot." He scoffed. "What did you say about me in the first speech again?" He sounded like he was really trying to understand.

"Oh, that you're a werewolf because you growl. But it's not a bad thing it's actually really hot and goes with your whole aura yah know. That?" He released my biceps and rubbed his temples.

"Shut up for a second before you make me forget why I'm mad." He demanded in the low raspy voice. That in fact did terrible things to my insides.

"Okay, so why are you mad?"I asked him innocently. "Well hearing about a fight where girls were stripping in the hallway isn't enough. Or do you want more?" My eyes widened involuntary.

Wait, did he actually care about me? No, he doesn't. Nor does his family. They are all assholes that would be happily throw me away if they could.

I heard the bell ring. I went to grab my bag but his grip tightened. "You're not going anywhere. We're waiting for Brian."

I groaned aloud, "why? Who died and made him king?" I asked myself out loud as a rhetorical question.

"The school, the past senior. Pretty much everyone. It was almost a tie between us but we all stepped down." Ash answered my rhetorical question, he sounded like he hated remembering it.