Part 2

"What should we do Doctor?" The nurse asked, staring at Jungkook sitting behind the desk, completely focused on the computer screen. His white lab coat blending in with the interior of the room. A square shaped glass shutter window behind him adjacent to white boxed shaped shelves attached to the wall, parallel to each other, above a white cabinet. The white examining table adjacent his desk with two white chairs which the nurse was standing in front in her white fitting dress. Jungkook sighed and lifted his head to look at her, a slight look of anger in his eyes.

"Are you supposed to be telling me this?" The nurse stared at him with a flirtatious smile on her face which Jungkook had grown accustomed to

"Doctor Lin is currently working on another patient so I thought to tell you." She said, playing with the ends of her hair.

"Chang-ssi..." Jungkook sighed and closed his eyes, massaging his temple with his fingers.

"Yes Doctor." She responded in a flirtatious voice.

"What is my field?" He asked, head resting on his hand as he opened his eyes to look at her with a bored expression.

"Vascular surgery." She responded.

"Then why are you telling me this?" He asked.

"You are also experienced in psychology so I thought to ask you." She responded, still playing with her hair and the smile on her face. This wasn't the first time she had come to him to treat a patient which has nothing to do with his field.

"But I cannot treat someone with a psychological problem and you know that, now go and look for Doctor Chul." Jungkook focused his attention back to the screen. The nurse bowed and opened the door, giving him a final glance before leaving. He almost cussed when his phone began to ring and grudgingly picked it up, eyes still focused on the computer screen.

"Hello." He placed the phone to his ears while the other hand worked with the mouse.

"Hello babe." He sighed when he heard the familiar excited voice of his girlfriend.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Fine." She responded in a sing song voice causing a smile to play around his lips. "Where are you?"

"I'm in... the office." He hesitate a little, knowing the reaction he will get from her.

"What are you doing there?" He noticed the slight anger in her voice.

"Babe I had to check on a patient's medical exam." He tried to explain, still focused on the screen.

"It's not your shift." She said. "You work for 8 hours and then you have other appointments and then..."

"I will finish soon, I promise." He replied.

"You should make time for us." Jungkook noticed the sadness in her voice.

"I will try... So what are you doing?" He asked, trying to change the topic and also cheer her up.

"Just eating ice-cream on the sofa and thinking about how my boyfriend doesn't love me." Jungkook chuckled.

"You know I love you." He replied.

"I know, I just wanted to hear you say it." A smile formed on his face when she giggled.

"I will tell you more when I get home OK; I'm really busy right now." He said.

"OK bye, I will be waiting for you." She said in a flirtatious tone before hanging up.

                 It's been a year since he asked her to be his girlfriend. She had been chasing after him since they were both in college where she studied journalism. Jungkook had tried all means to ignore her hoping it will end after college but it didn't. She one day came to visit him in his house and their friendship continued from there till she was able to successfully capture him, and for one year; he has been trying to balance his personal life with work. His attention was suddenly drawn to his phone when it rang again. He sighed and picked it up, leaning on the chair.

"Aigoo Hyung." Jungkook said.

"Why, were you doing something?" He heard Namjoon's voice over the phone.

"I'm almost done." Jungkook responded, attention on the computer screen.

"You're still in the office." Namjoon sighed. "You don't want to be a patient yourself do you?" Jungkook chuckled.

"I had to finish this." He said.

"It's almost 11:00pm, your shift was over seven hours ago." Namjoon said.

"I had an appointment." Jungkook argued.

"You always have appointments." Namjoon said. "I wonder how Ji-Ah still stays with you."

"I know." Jungkook sighed. "She deserves better." He said almost to himself.

"If you two break up, the girls chasing you will come back and it will be college all over again." Namjoon chuckled.

"It's not like they've stopped." Jungkook replied.

"I'm passing by, should I come and pick you up?" Namjoon asked.

"I brought a car here." Jungkook replied, shifting a little on the chair for more comfort from four hours of sitting down.

"I will get someone to pick it up and also my car is more comfortable." Jungkook chuckled and rolled his eyes, getting up from the chair.

"Which one?" Jungkook removed his lab coat and placed it over his chair, before picking up a folder from the table and moved around the desk.

"Let me check." He responded in a quiet tone and Jungkook laughed.

             "You don't know the car you are sitting in?" Jungkook opened the door and motioned for the nurse sitting behind the counter to come, even though her attention was already on him. She quickly strides towards him, fixing her hair and dress. "Hyung please hold on." Jungkook said and moved the phone from his ear.

"Do you need anything doctor?" She asked, a flirtatious smile on her face which Jungkook ignored.

"Did you find Doctor Chul?" He asked.

"Yes, he checked the patient. He is in room A1." She replied.

"Ok, I'm leaving." He placed the phone to his ears and walked away. "Hyung"

"It's the black Mercedes." Namjoon said. Jungkook was passing in front of room A1 when he noticed the windows were opened so decided to take a peek at the patient out of habit. He always likes to look inside patients rooms just to make sure they are well before leaving.

"You sh..." His attention was suddenly grabbed by the small figure on the bed.

Sitting in a blue patient cloth while hugging his knees was the most ethereal human being he had ever seen. Messy white hair falling over beautiful face which hosted a button nose, pink plum lips and blue glassy eyes that stared around in fear. His eyes suddenly landed on Jungkook and they made eye contact for a while before he began to slowly scrunch back and hug himself more. Jungkook felt like going inside to comfort him and wipe those tears that threatened to fall, saying assuring word to him whiles he...

"Jungkook?" His blink several times and was brought to reality from Namjoon's voice on the other end of the phone.

"Er... s-sorry..." Jungkook stuttered, breaking his gaze from him for a split second before staring back.

"I am waiting for you." Namjoon said.

"I'm coming." Jungkook broke the gaze and head towards the door.