|18|~Ending Connections~

Start from the beginning

I take shelter behind one of the many black SUV'S and search for any familiar faces. So, far I haven't found any. I can only hope and pray that no one discovers me before I have time to form a plan.

My heart starts to beat faster as I watch the bloody battle before me. I didn't expect to find anyone to be fighting outside of the building and it takes every ounce of my self-control not to allow my wolf to take over and join the fight.

We need to find away inside first. My eyes scan over the extraordinary architecture. It's really the tallest building I've ever encountered. In fact, the top of the building nearly touches the sky. I can't help to wonder which floor leads to Cyrus Penthouse.

There is no way this entire building belongs to him. Is it?

Matter of fact, that doesn't matter. Right now, I need to focus on getting in. I must find Kaya before I intervene with the fight.

The only question is how? My eyes scan over the grand arch entrance. There are well-manicured flowers, bushes, and even trees up and down the circle driveway that are now all covered in blood. The driveway is filled with equal amounts of werewolves and vampires.

I know for a fact that once one of my kind lays eyes on me they will chant and place all the attention onto me. So, going through the front door is not an option.

I would go through one of the many planted windows. I've always been good at climbing. The only problem is that I can see the flashing red lights on each floor. Plus, I can hear the alarm roaring over top of the fight and that's only half of it.

From down here, I can see all the movement and commotion that's happening on each floor. There are humans pleading for their lives as they run throughout the building. There're many wolves clashing with vampires and dodging bullets.

I will not be able to scout before I enter and there is no way to tell who I may bump into while climbing through. So going through the windows may not be the best option either.

Maybe, I should see if there is a back entrance. I'm sure there is. This building is away to big for the front entrance to be the only way in and out. Based upon, the other building's that I have passed they all lead to an alleyway that look just like the one that I saw the humans in.

That's it! The human are all running away from danger and now that I'm paying attention each and every one of them are running in the same direction. It appears that they are coming from the side of the building, which means no one is standing there to stop them from escaping.

That's the safest way to get in without detection and that's the way I need to go. Hopefully! Making up my mind, I sprint in the direction that the humans are running out of as fast as I can.

Just like the humans, I run behind the shadows of the tree. The only difference is I'm running towards danger, and they are running away from it.

So far, so good! No one seems to have noticed me. Even the humans that I've passed haven't spared me a single glance, despite the fact that I'm running faster than a human could manage. The door that they are coming out of comes into view, forcing me to pick up speed. I'm almost there, seconds away when somebody catches me by my arm.

"Embry, wait!" whisper a familiar voice, gripping my arm tightly.

"Marko Polo!" I gasp, as my head snaps down in their direction. He nearly pulls my arm out of my socket as he pulls me pulls my down behind a tall bush, forcing me down onto the ground.

"Let, me go," I tell him.

"No, you're not going in there! It's dangerous! Why did you come here?"

Why does he even care? "Let me go now," My wolf growls. "Before, I end you."