~15 minutes later~

When I arrived at Joyce house I honked the horn to let her know that I was outside waiting for her.
A minute or two later she came out the house then walked up to my car.
I unlocked the door then she hopped in and put the seatbelt on.

"Good morning Tiana"

"Morning Joyce, you ready for today?"

She chuckled "I've been ready, but before we go to the rehab center let's stop by and visit Chris"

"Of course"

I decided to drive straight to the hospital and go see Chris. I just prayed that he was ok, I mean I know they would've contacted me or Joyce if anything happened.

To be honest I just wanted him to be awake already.

When we got to the hospital we checked in and we went straight to Chris room. When we walked inside there he still looked the same as he did before.

I walked over to him and grabbed his hand "Hi Chris, I know you probably can't hear me right now but I love you with everything in my heart."

I don't know if I was being overdramatic or just bugging the fuck out but I felt his hand tighten around mines.

My body tensed up and Joyce noticed.

"What's wrong?"

"I-I-I could've sworn I just felt his hand tighten up around mine"

Joyce looked at me confused "Are you sure?"

I started to tear up "I'm positive Joyce, he moved...he gripped my hand I swear"

"Let me see"

I shook my head "I don't wanna let him go Joyce, just bring the doctor or somebody in here please"

"Okay"

Joyce rushed out the room while I continued to hold Chris hand. He still had a grip on my hand which made me tear up because I knew that if he was responsive then he could wake up soon.

I leaned over to Chris ear and whispered "Baby please wake up...Just wake up for me"

Seconds later Joyce came in with a doctor then he spoke.

"Is he responsive ma'am?"

I nodded "Look he has a full grip of my hand"

The doctor walked over and examined Chris hand "This is good, but the thing is that he's going to have to wake up on his own. You're going to see movements in his body but he's gonna have to get up on his own"

"Is he gonna wake up anytime soon?" Joyce asked.

"The way he's pulling through he might but it might take a few days or so"

I sighed "A few days?"

"I'm sorry ma'am, Look I'll start examining him now and i'll run a few tests."

Joyce "Okay that's fine, Tiana let's go we gotta go to the rehab center"

I nodded then kissed Chris forehead, when I tried walking away Chris still had a strong grip on my hand that the doctor obviously seen. Then the doctor removed his hand from mine and I looked back at Chris one more time before me and Joyce decided to go.

When we got to the elevator I bursted out into tears. Joyce grabbed me and hugged me tight.

"He's gonna wake up soon, I know he is"

"I know he will, come on you gotta stay strong"

I wiped my tears and walked into the elevator. I knew for a fact that if I found out who did this to him then I'd kill them myself.