Chapter: 71

*3 days later *

<Tiana's P.O.V>

I have been in here for 3 damn days and I haven't heard anything from anybody. Of course they'll give me food  once in a while but that's it. I haven't heard from Dee which means he's probably in the same predicament that I'm in. Plus I haven't heard anything from any attorneys or lawyers, not even the damn police.

Also I haven't heard from Joyce either. I know she has my babies too...all I want to do is just kiss and cuddle them.

"Tiana Williams?"

I stood up from the bench that was inside of the holding cell "Yes?"

"You're free to go, your ride is here"

"What? Did someone bail me out?"

The officer shook his head "No, it's a policy that we can't keep someone in a holding cell for over 72 hours. Since Agent Hawkins never came in to press charges you're free to go. Your ride is outside"

"Ok" I said a little hesitant.

I walked out of the holding cell and followed the officer to the front of the building.
He handed me my belongings and then showed me to the front door.

As I was walking to the door he spoke out loudly "Your ride is that black bmw truck right there"

I nodded and walked out of the building. When I walked up to the truck the windows were tinted so I couldn't see who was inside. Then I opened the door and saw Joyce sitting on the drivers side looking straight ahead.

"Get in the car Tiana"

"No" I refused

Then she repeated in a bolder tone "I said get in the car"

I slowly got inside of the car and shut the door.

"Why are you giving me a ride? I would think that you hated me"

She chuckled lightly "I don't have hate in my heart...especially to people who don't mean anything to me."

"If I don't mean anything to you then why are you giving me a ride?"

"Chris wanted to speak with you"

I rolled my eyes "Yeah right lady"

"Ok..."

"Look I know you're probably planning something after I tried to kill Chris I'm not stupid. So you might as well just kill me right now."

We pulled up to a red light then Joyce replied in a monotone voice "I'm not a killer, Trust me I was told...better yet begged to kill you but I'm not gonna do it. So just be thankful that I'm letting you off easy"

"So you're not gonna kill me?"

Joyce stayed silent. When the light turned green she continued to drive.

A few minutes later we arrived to the hospital like she said and we both got out of the car.

When we checked in Joyce was completely silent. Before we went inside of Chris room Joyce stopped me.

"Look Tiana, before we go in there I just want to tell you that Chris lost his memory. The reason why I brought you here was so you can tell this man the truth about everything"

"So....he doesn't remember when I shot him?"

She shook her head "No, but imma need you to tell him what happened since you've been lying to him from the jump"