Chapter: 28

<Chris P.O.V>

I sat on the bed next to Tiana and thought of who could've killed Amani. If it wasn't Tiana then who was it? The only real suspects I can think of were Dave and Nurse Banks.

"Tiana who you think it is?" I asked

She spoke up "The only person I can think of is Dave, he's the only one who has motive"

"I gotta find him"

"I know where he might be right now"

"Where?"

Tiana told me the address of Nurse Banks house and I put it in my phone. Now it was time to go and pay her and Dave a quick little visit.

I got up from the bed and I left heading straight to my destination.

~15 minutes later~

As I was driving towards Nurse Banks house I noticed there was police surrounding her place. I wanted to know what was going on so I drove towards the police cars and I honked my horn getting their attention.

I was stopped by one of the police officers and I rolled my window down. He walked to my car and bent down to the window.

"Hey I'm Chris Agent Hawkins son, I came to scope the scene until my mother arrives. I was wondering if you could give me some information on what's going on"

Then the cop replied "Were arresting two suspects for murder"

I pretended like I was shocked "What! Who died?"

"The suspects ex girlfriend, she was found dead in her house face down in the bathtub filled with her blood."

I raised my eyebrows "That's terrible."

"And we found out that they have children as well"

Damn I forgot about Amani's kids.

"Damn...where are they now are they alright?"

The cop responded "They're with the babysitter right now"

Babysitter?

"Oh ok thank you"

I parked my car and hopped out the car. I walked in the house and decided to walk around to see if I could find anything.

Then I heard the cop yell "We Found The Murder Weapon!"

I turned around and saw the cop hold up a bloody knife in a clear plastic bag.

I didn't want to sound arrogant but I was lowkey upset that I ain't get to Dave first but I still needed answers.

I know the cops already had him and Nurse Banks in custody so I had to think of a way to talk to both of them. Imma just have to wait until all of this shit cools over.

<Dave's P.O.V>

I was being set up, ain't no way I killed Amani because I was with Beverly all damn day! Besides I'd never even think about killing the mother of my kids because she's the one who actually took care of them. When I asked the cops where my kids were they told me the babysitter had them. That didn't make any sense because me and Amani never had a babysitter we just co-parented.

I sat in the back of the police car and just thought to myself. Whoever our 'Babysitter' is, was the person who set me up.

As the cops were driving me to the police station a car drove full speed towards the car I was in and we went full collision.
The car flipped several times before stopping. I was now hurt sitting upside down inside of a cop car.