:) 35- I Was Having A Great Day (:

"Have you talked to him?"

"Not yet. Have you?"

"We're talking about you, but no."

"You should," I remind her.

"You should too," Stef tells me back.

"Mhmm," I nod my head.

"That sounded quite dismissive," Stef points out.

I cross my arms, "Quite the observation."

"Oh my god, are you on your period again?" Edward joins in from behind.

"No, what?" I turn my face to where he is, on the other side of me.

Stef agrees with Edward, "You're giving off a vibe."

"I'm just nervous, that's all."

"That's the vibe," Edward points at me.

It's too early for me to function, I'm sorry. We're on our way to first hour, that's when I'll see him first. We haven't talked since Friday but it feels like forever. I keep wanting to shoot him a text but then get scared. Maybe I'll text him right when he's breaking up with Lily. Or maybe he doesn't break up with her at all. That would be heartbreaking.

"I'll see you guys later," Edward waves.

I blink a couple times and realize we're right outside the door. Alright, let's go to hell.

"Hey, Lucy."

"Grace," I accept the distraction, "Whats up?"

"I was texting Lily last night."

My heart drops. First off, I didn't even know Grace and Lily were friends. Then again, Grace has big circles. She's popular for being the female lead in our musical. That's it, Lily was in the musical. Second, why would you ever talk to that bitch again after how she manipulated James. Sorry, I shouldn't be rude. Girls support girls and all. Anyway, my heart drops.

"Yeah," I try to make her finish.

"Apparently, she had sexy time with James."

"As in," I try to finish my sentence but I can't.

Why is she telling me this?

My mouth goes dry and my cheeks grow hot. The tears seem to suddenly surface and I have to put all my energy on keeping them in.

"I guess."

I turn and run out of the classroom. There's no way. She has to be pranking me. Some good old fashioned dark humor pranking. It shouldn't affect me at all, but for some reason, it does.

"Woah, Lucy," James yells when I accidentally bump into him on my dramatic run, "Wait."

I want to keep going but I stop in my tracks nonetheless.

"Did you break up with her?" I ask him when he's close enough.

"Let's go somewhere not so public."

"You didn't."

"Lucy, come on," He tries to pull me over to the side towards a deserted hallway.

"Just tell me and let me go," I say to him.

My voice is as calm as I can make it. My tears are somewhat in control now. But my cheeks are definitely still red. I look up and stare at him, he starts staring back.

His hold on my arms is unwavering. The bell finally rings but we're still standing in the middle of the hall, at least now it's empty like he wanted.