Chapter 4

Max's POV

Days passed as Adam continued to punish me due to Ross's appearance. Every now and then I was forced to go to Adam's house so then he could abuse me without being seen. However one day I snapped. I quickly rushed to my room and pulled out a box filled with pocket-knives and a wad of bandages. I gingerly took out the pocket knife and sighed, "This is it- this is what I must do." I walked to the bathroom, acknowledging that Tim and Ross were enjoying themselves in different rooms of the apartment.

I quickly pulled open the door before slamming it shut. There were only four reasons that I cut. Those reasons tore me to shreds every day, especially when their words echoed through the dark abyss of my mind.The knife gleamed in my hand before I thrust it down onto my skin. Warm blood slithered out of my wound as I tried to hold back a chuckle of excitement. Tears rushed down my eyes as the memories of Adam and Jin raced through my eyes however I was able to collect myself through cutting deeper.

Cuts mirrored each other as blood continued to flood down my arms. I paused before looking for the Band-Aid however my face filled with dread, I forgot them. I slowly opened the bathroom door and peered out, nobody stood in my way. In fact nothing could be heard from any direction. I quickly lugged forward, careful to not make a sound as I made it into my bedroom.

I slowly clicked the door shut before lunging towards the bandages. As soon as I was done bandaging my first arm, screaming came from down the hall. My stomach churned in fear as I started to bandage my other arm, "it's not what you think it is..." I tried telling myself however my bedroom door thrust open and I looked up in horror to find Ross and Tin standing before me. My second worst nightmare came true...