Chapter thirty

Me and Nick walk into the restaurant.

"Kc, what are you doing here?" Zion says as he spots me. He comes over and gives me a hug.

I gulp. I really didn't want to do this. I just wanted to stay there, in Zion's arms forever. Zion releases from the hug.

"Come sit with me, K" he says with a smile.

"Kc" Nick says looking at me. I take a deep breath.

"I gotta go do something, but I will when I'm done" Zion nods and me and Nick walk towards Brandon's table.

"Hey Kc" Brandon says with a smile.

"Hey. Uh, can I talk to your mom?" I ask him.

"My mom?" I nod. "Uh I guess" he says letting her out of the table. Nick takes Brandon to another table to talk to him, while I go to a different table with his mom.

"Whatcha need sweetie" she asks me with a smile. I scoff.

"You don't recognize me do you?" I say looking at her.

"Brandon said your name was Kc?" She asks confused.

"Yeah. Yeah it is. Do you know what it stands for?" I ask her twirling my fingers.

"No I-"

"Kristina Chase Brown" I say. Her face goes pale. I slightly chuckle. "Yeah, I'm Kristina Chase Brown. YOUR daughter"

"Oh my god" she says bringing her hand to her mouth. "I'm sorry this is just a lot to take in"

"A lot to take in? You know what was a lot to take in? Today. When Brandon introduced you as his mom. When I saw you with your picture perfect family, knowing how hard it was for me growing up with no mother. Crying every night, wondering why I wasn't enough. Why you didn't want me. Constantly trying to change everything about myself so that you would come back. So that you would come back and me, you, and dad could just live together happily. But that never happened did it. Instead I was left to grow up forever living with the pain YOU gave me. Hell, it almost drove me to suicide. But at least you got your happy ending, didn't you" Tears rushed down my cheeks. She just sat there staring at me in shock.

"Is it true?" Brandon asks staring at us. "Is Kc really my sister?"

She turns to him and starts crying.

"Yes" She says quietly. Brandon looks into the distance and takes a deep breath.

"I can't believe this" Brandon says walking out of the restaurant.

"Yo What's going o-" Zion asks. "Oh my god are you okay" he hugs me.

"Yeah. I'm good now" I say looking back at her. Me, Zion, and Nick exit the restaurant.

(Hey! Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been having hella writers block lately and I don't want to put out shitty chapters so I'm trying to put a lot of work into these. -Zaya💛)