Chapter fifteen

Kc's POV
"What? How? Why?" I say. I really can't believe Zion would do something like this. Nick shakes his head and stands up.
"Just... stay out of it Kc" he says walking to his room. I turn to the rest of the guys. They all scatter to their rooms. Since when does everyone in this house hate me?
Zion's POV
I drive to the one place I knew where to go. The building where I first met Kc. I sat at the top of building, staring at my fist that was all red and aching. I can't believe I did that. I hit my best friend, my brother. Why? Over a girl? I felt so stupid. So annoying. So ugh. Maybe he's right. Maybe I'm getting way too into my relationship with Kc. Maybe it's best if we just stay friends.
"Hey..." I hear a voice behind me say. I turn to see Kc.
"You promised me you wouldn't come back here" I say looking back down at my fist.
"Yeah well it was for a good reason this time" she says sitting next to me. "So you want to explain to me what happened?? Because no one at the house will" She looks at my fist.
"So it really was you who gave Nick the black eye?" She says gently grabbing it.
"He has a black eye now?" I groan. I feel so bad. She looks at and holds my hand.
"What's going on, Z" she says softly as she lays her head on my shoulder.
"Me and Nick got in an argument" I say. "I lost my temper and hit him"
"What could you guys be arguing about that made you so mad to the point of hitting him?" She asks me. I look into her eyes.
"Oh" she says.
"He thought I was rushing into our relationship" I tell her. "Because that's what happened in my past relationships, and they all ended badly"
"Sammi?" She asks. I nod.
"Sammi was my most recent relationship" I scoff. "It wasn't even a relationship, one night we both got drunk and fucked. We both liked it so we decided to have a friends with benefits type of fling. But one night I decided to tell her that I was in love with her. She came to the party with her boyfriend and told me to never call her again. I was so hurt that I left my own house party to come to this exact building"
"And that's when you saved me..." she says. I smile.
"You know ever since I met you, I've been thanking god for having Sammi break my heart. Because if she didn't... you wouldn't be here... with me"
I see a tear come down Kc's cheek. Part of me wants to pull her into my arms and just hold her and love her for the rest of my life. But another part is telling me to listen to Nick.
She leans in to kiss me and as much as I craved her lips, I pull away.
"I think he's right" I say. Kc's eyebrows furrow.
"What?"
"Maybe we shouldn't rush into things" I say letting go of her hand.
"I mean we aren't dating Zion" she says.
"I know but we do things like if we are, kissing, holding hands, cuddling, and you sleep in my room every night" I say. "Can't we just go back to being best friends?"
"Yeah" She says quietly. I can tell she's hurt. We both get up.
"Do best friends hug?" She asks me.
I laugh and hug her. She doesn't know how much that hurt me too.