Chapter twenty-eight

It was now 12:30 and I was getting ready to leave to the Houston show. I change into my outfit and did my hair.

I walk out into the hallway and I see all the boys waiting for me

"Finally Kc, we gotta go" Austin says as we all walk down to the tour bus.

I walk along side Zion as he chugs his water.
"Can you calm down with the water?" I say snatching the water bottle from him.
"Yo, I gotta stay hydrated before the show" he says taking it back.
"Why you walking so weird, Kc?" Edwin asks from behind me.

Zion chokes on his water and starts laughing. I elbow him to shut up.
"I- uh... I'm just not used to walking this much" I say scratching my head.

Zion nods.
"Yeah and you better get used to it because we are going to 'walk' a lot during tour" he says to me.
"Dumbass" I say as Zion laughs his head off.

We arrive at the venue and they go through the m&g.
The show was near Brandons hometown so the room was filled with his friends and family. I sat next to Zion the entire time since I only felt comfortable with him. It felt like everyone knew each other except for me.

"What are we doing after the show?" I ask Zion as I lay my leg across his.
"Uh I think we are all going to get Whataburger with Brandon's family" he says gripping my thigh.
I groan.
"What?" Zion says looking at me.
"I feel weird around Brandon's family, I feel like everyone knows each other except for me" I say looking around.
"Aw poor Kc feels left out" Zion says pouting sarcastically.
"Shut up you know what I mean" I say.

It was almost time for them to leave when Brandon calls me over to introduce his family to me.
"Dad, Halie, this is our assistant, Kc"
I shake their hands and smile.
"I love your sweatshirt" Halie says.
"Thank you"
"Oh! And this is my mom" he says pulling me towards his mom.

My smile fades. It can't be. That's impossible. I can't even begin to describe the emotions I was starting to feel.
"Hi! I'm-"
"Kristina..." I say dropping my hands down to the side.
"Uh yeah" she says confused. "Nobody really calls me that anymore though" she laughs.
"Who are you?" She asks me.
I couldn't think straight, my emotions were running wild. I needed to go talk to someone.
"I gotta go" I say quietly as I run away from Brandon's family.

I try to find Zion but I can't find him. I start shaking. Almost drawn to tears.
"Alright the shows gonna start, see you after" I hear Edwin say.
I bump into Zion.
"Hey" He says with a smile. "What's wrong" He notices something's up.

I decide not to tell Zion until after the show. I know how worried he gets so I don't want him thinking about anything else but his performance.
"Nothing. Good luck!" I say. He smiles and hugs me. His hug soothes me.

He runs out of the room and onto the stage. The crowd of Brandon's family flooded out of the room. I sat on the couch. I didn't know what to think. It had to be her. I think I just wanted to keep telling myself that I didn't just see my mom for the first time in 17 years.