Chapter six

Zion's POV
I carry Kc on my back as we walk to her car. We were both having so much fun. I'm happy she's distracted from everything that's happening in her life. She seems happy which makes me happy.
"Kc?" I hear someone say. She stops laughing. I put her down.
"Isaiah." She says folding her arms.
"Wow you moved on quickly" he says eyeing me. "Guess Molly was right about you being a slut"
My fists clench.
"Oh yeah? I'm the slut? Last time I checked, I didn't sleep with my best friends boyfriend" she says. Kc's tough. I can tell she knows how to fight her own battles.
"Oh please, she was never your best friend. I don't blame her though, who would want to be best friends with a murderers daughter" I look at Kc. Murderer? What was he talking about? He looks at my confused expression.
"Oh you didn't know?" He says talking to me. "Why don't you ask your little girlfriend who she really is"
That's it. I grab his collar and bring my fist up. Kc stops me, putting her hand on my chest.
"He's not worth it" She says. I push him and we walk to her car in silence. We sit in her car.
"Can you please explain what he's talking about?" I break the silence. Kc looks at the floor.
"That's Isaiah, my ex. He cheated on me with my ex best friend, Molly"
"Why is she your ex best friend" I ask.
"Um..." tears began to fill her eyes. "She made everyone hate me because of my dad" she looked hesitant. I put my hand on top of hers.
"You can tell me Kc"
"My dad murdered someone" she cried. "He was sent to jail and Molly would tell everyone that I helped him and that I knew. But I didn't, Z, I didn't"
I held her, rocking back and forth.
"Shhh, it's okay, I know you didn't Kc"
"That's why I was going to do it" she said as she wiped her tears.
"What about your mom?" I asked.
"She left us when I was really young. She never wanted me. Neither did my dad I guess because he never really cared for me either"
"We care about you, Kc. We're your family now. Fuck everything and everyone else" she smiles.
"Thank you. You guys are everything I could ever ask for"
"Here let me drive. I think you've had enough for today" she nods and gets in the passenger seat. As I step into the car I see a phone. I pick it up and I see the notifications.
Isaiah💙 2 days ago
14 missed calls
Isaiah💙 2 days ago
Just pick up y/n. Quit being so difficult
Mollyyy💕 2 days ago
Face it y/n, you're not good enough, you never will be, especially not for us, babe💋
I clear the notifications and hand her her phone.
"Thanks" She says leaning her head on the window.
"You know what" I say. "Let me see your phone" she unlocks it and hands me it. I add my phone number as well as all the guys. I text her and her watch as her phone lights up.
Zion💙
You matter. You're worth it.
She looks down and smiles.
"Thanks Zion" She says.
The car ride home was a bit better, I introduced her to our music and she seemed to like it. I can tell she's getting better, I'm happy for her.