Chapter five

Zion's POV
I turn around to see Nick.
"Why didn't you just tell me man?" He says sitting next to me. "Damn that was dumb of me to assume the worse. I'm proud of you brother" I smile at him. "So when we meeting her, I wanna apologize to her"
"I'll call her down when Ed finishes making breakfast" I say.
"It's going to be a while if y'all continue to just sit there" we laugh and help him fix up breakfast.
Kc's POV
I'm awakened by Zion who was rubbing me trying to wake me up.
"Kc. We made breakfast, come eat" He says. I rub my eyes and follow him downstairs. I see 4 boys eating and laughing together.
"Guys, this is Kc" I awkwardly wave.
"Cool, I'm Edwin" a guy with black curls says shaking my hand.
"I'm Brandon" the guy with a black beanie says.
"I'm Austin" the guy next to him says shoving bacon in his mouth.
"And I'm Nick" He was the one who wanted me out of the house. "Look I just wanna say I'm sorry for the stuff I said before, I- uh I didn't know. Just know you can trust us and you can stay for as long as you like" He says giving me a hug. It felt nice. No one has hugged me like this in a long time.
"Thanks Nick" I smile. I felt... welcomed, almost... happy?
We all sat down to eat as we got to know each other.
"Thanks guys I can't remember the last time I had a breakfast like this" I say.
"It was nothing" Zion says smiling.
"Yeah for you. I had to do everything" Edwin says. I laugh. The boys were extremely nice and welcoming. I loved the feeling I have when I'm around them. I forget about everything that has happened to me.
Austin's phone rings.
"Oh it's Ansley. Gotta go guys" He says as he leaves the house. Shit. My phone, it's in my car. I pull Zion aside.
"Hey I really hate to ask for anything, but I left my car at... you know where" I tell him. "Could we go get it? I have everything I own in there"
"Yeah yeah" he says calling an Uber to take us there.
"Which ones your car" Zion says as we arrive. I was ashamed to point out my old busted car.
"I know it's pretty ugly but It was all I could afford at the time" I say as we begin to drive.
"I kinda like it" Zion says. "Hey can we stop at target, I wanna show you something"
"Sure" I say pulling into target.
We walk into target and Zion gets a cart.
"Get in" He says with a serious face.
"What? Are you crazy? I'm not getting in the cart" I say.
"Kc. Get. In." He says pulling my hand.
"You're weird, Zion" I smile as I get in and sit in the basket part of the shopping cart. He drives the cart through target with me in the basket.
"So what did you want to show me" I ask. His face lights up, like if he just remembered why we came here. He starts running really fast so that the cart would drift all throughout target. He stops as we get to the magazine section. My face is red from laughing so hard. Zion takes a deep breath.
"You tired?" I tease.
"No" he says out of breath. "I could go again if I wanted to" I giggle. He gets a magazine and flips to a page.
"Check it" he hands the magazine to me. It's a picture of the boys with an article below.
"Is that you guys?" I gasp looking at the magazine. I laugh. "Your boy band is called PrettyMuch?"
"Flyest boy band in the game ya feel me" He says with a smile.
"Aw you guys are so cute"
He looks over my shoulder.
"Yeah especially that really cute one with dreads" he says.
"No, I'm feeling the one with curls" I say. He wipes his smile off and takes away the magazine. I laugh.
"Yeah that's funny. Good luck getting out of the cart" he runs away.
"ZION" I yell, struggling to get out of the cart. I chase after Zion and hop on his back. He carries me on his back on our way to the car. I haven't genuinely been this happy in years. Not even Isaiah made me feel this way.
"Kc?" I heard a familiar voice say. No. Please don't tell me it's...