Chapter twenty-nine

After the show was over everyone floods back in. It's hard to spot anyone honestly. I look above everyone's heads looking for a dread headed boy.

I spot Austin instead.
"Yo Austin" I say.
"Hey Kc, how did you like the show?"
"Where's Zion?" I answer completely ignoring his question.
"Uh I think he went to the bus to shower?" He says.
"K thanks" I say getting the hell out of there. It felt a lot better to be outside. I stood outside for a while just taking in the air.
"Kc!" I hear multiple fans scream. I wave to them the hop onto the bus.

I look around and see Zion out of the shower and dressed.
"Oh thank god" I say hugging him.
"Yo what's up" he laughs.
"I really need to talk to you"
"Oh... uh-"
"Zion you coming?" Jeff asks peeping his head onto the bus.
"Yeah, just hold up just a second" he says turning back to me.
"Hey I love you and I'm sorry but I gotta go"
"Wait what? Where?" I say.
"I told you, to whataburger" he says.

And with that he pecks my lips, says his last i love you and goodbye. He runs off of the bus. I stood there shocked. He just blew me off. When I really needed him. I sat down and cried. I've held it in all day and it felt good to just finally let it all out.

"You okay?" A voice says quietly. I look up and see Nick slowly walking towards me.
"Oh, my bad, I thought no one was on the bus" I say quickly wiping my tears.
"What happened?" He asks sitting next to me.
"Does it matter?" I say still wiping my eyes trying to stop the tears from flowing out.
"Look I know we got off on the wrong foot but like I know your past and I'm just tryna make sure you are okay" he says. "just tell me what happened"

I sigh. As much as I didn't want to, I needed to tell someone. Vent, you know? So I sat there and told him everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. Down to every last detail. He sat there in shock.

"Wait, so if you think that's your mom, that means-"
"Me and Brandon are siblings? Yeah, I guess" I say wiping off my tears.
"Damn, I'm so sorry you have to go through this Kc" he says putting his arm around me.
"I just don't know what to do, Nick. Usually Zion helps me with this stuff but he completely blew me off" I say putting my face into my hands.
"Yeah that was kinda fucked up. What kinda boyfriend is he"
"Exactly- Wait how did you know we are dating?" I say lifting my head.

He laughs.
"You really think Zion can keep a secret?"
"And you're not mad?" I ask.
"Mad? I just want my brother to be happy. And if you make him happy, who am I to stop y'all" he says.
"Aww Nicky" I say hugging him.
"Yeah, no don't call me Nicky" he says trying not to smile.

He looks at his phone.
"Okay we gotta go" He says awkwardly releasing from our hug.
"Go where?" I ask as he puts his sweatshirt on.
"To fix everything" he says with a smile.