Chapter twenty

I look up at the door to see Brandon leaning against the doorway.
"Shit, b" I quickly wipe my tears. "I'm sorry I was just messing around"
"No no no Kc that was really good" brandon says closing the door behind him. "What song is that?"
"Uh Nothing, I just made it up as I went" I told him. He looks at me.
"Are you Okay?" He asks me.
"Yeah yeah I'm fine" I say sitting on the couch. He sits in his chair and opens his laptop.
"It's about Zion isn't it?" He says.
"What is?" I ask.
"The song you just wrote" he says.
"Oh. What? No."
"Yeah, I saw him with Sammi in there" he says. "I can tell you're still in love with him"
I look at my feet.
"Don't worry I won't tell him" he says. "But you gotta sing that again for me"
"I'm not really comfortable-"
"Kc please, at least write down the lyrics" he says looking for a pen and paper. I write down the lyrics.
I shiver, after crying in a cold garage for a good 15 minutes I'm definitely freezing.
"You cold?" He asks me. "Here take my sweatshirt" he takes it off and hands it to me.
"Don't you have a girl?" I tell him.
"Kc, it's a sweatshirt, I'm not asking for your hand in marriage" he says. I give him a weak smile and put his sweatshirt on.
He works some stuff on his computer.
"I had this beat from earlier but I think it'll go good with this" he says putting his headphones on. He pulls his mic closer and sings the lyrics I wrote. Yup they definitely sounded better when he sang them.
He listens to it and shakes his head.
"Listen" He says playing it back for me. His voice sounded beautiful. But the beat wasn't the right vibe.
"The beat doesn't match the type of vibe you're going for" I say. His face lights up.
"Exactly" He says. "You got a good ear for music, Kc"
"Thank you" I say smiling. He lays is chin on his hand.
"How do I fix this?" He mumbles. "Kc, can you play that piano key again? The one you were doing originally?"
I nod and play the keys. He smiles.
"Yup that's it" He records the piano and adds it to the song.
We spend the rest of the night making music. Brandon shows me how producing works and even showed me some of their unreleased music.
The door swings open and Edwin walks in.
"Are you guys gonna help clean or what" he says. Clean? I check the time.
"Oh shit it's 2:25 already?" I say.
"Time flies when your making bangers" Brandon says. We both go inside to help clean.
"So where is everyone else?" I question while putting all the cups in a trash bag I have in my hand.
"Nick is hella drunk, he passed out a while ago, Austin's asleep with Ansley, and Zion-" he stops and looks at me.
"What?"
"Zion went home with Sammi" he says.
"Oh" I say.
"He's so stupid" Edwin says. "Do you know how upset he was that night?"
"He told me about it, he wrote her a song, that's how hard it hit him" Brandon says.
"It's all going to happen again. She's just going to break his heart again" Edwin says.
"At least this time he won't come crying to us" Brandon says.
"He won't?" I ask.
"Nah. He'll go crying to you" Brandon says. I freeze. That's going to hurt, I can't stand watching Zion be sad.
"I wrote a song Edwin" I say changing the subject, that seemed to be something I was good at. "Or at least part of one"
"Niceeee Kc" He says playfully punching me.
We finish cleaning at around 2:50, I say goodnight and go up to bed.