Crooked Angel 8

Standing in the room, feeling weak and powerless, the seconds ticking by felt like hours. You could feel your knees growing weaker and it was getting harder to stay focussed. You couldn't quite recall what happened next. Your vision began to fade as your knees gave way. All you could recall was legs running towards you as the ground quickly rose to meet you.

"Did I ever tell you how I chose your name, my fallen little angel?" You couldn't quite place the low, soft voice at first, it had been years since you'd heard it, you barely recognised it as your fathers, as Lucifer's. You could hear him try to suppress a sad sigh at your lack of response. You barely registered the light touch of your fathers' hand on top of yours, you could feel yourself grow frustrated at the lack of cooperation your body was giving you. You wanted to move, to tighten your grip on your fathers' hand, anything! Your body on the other hand, didn't want to cooperate. "I chose your name because it translated to 'bringer of hellfire', just like mine is 'light bringer'. You've always been a fiery one. Your name always felt like it suited to you." Lucifer sighed at your side and you could have sworn that you caught the slightest hint of a catch in his throat.

It felt like years before you could move, everything felt stiff, painful. Your throat was dry and every movement sent pains through your body. Your arms felt like lead and your head was pounding and every movement of your eyes hurt. Great, what else could go wrong. Your eyes felt heavy as you opened them. It was dark out, the room was lit by a lamp in two of the corners, you could hear the soft sound of piano music floating through the door. It took time for your eyes to adjust, for you to realise where you were.

You managed to sit up a little better on the bed and find a position that wasn't too uncomfortable, just as you were about to try and move you heard the piano stop abruptly. You tilted your head slightly, trying to hear what was happening in the next room, listening for any sounds or voices. The silence was unnerving, you slowly managed to slide yourself to the other side of the bed and caught words like "... meat sack...", "...eat their own?" You couldn't tell which was more bizarre. You suddenly got a cold feeling running through your gut again. One you hadn't felt in decades, and most importantly, not since you had left hell. It sent an ice-cold chill through your spine.

Shakily you got to your feet and slowly made your way to the door. You didn't recognise the blond who was speaking with your father, but you sure as hell knew you recognised the aura she gave off.