Crooked Angel 4

When you awoke the next day, your head was pounding, you were way too warm and uncomfortable in your own bed. When you went to remove your duvet to allow your body to breathe you noticed its complete unwillingness to budge and was thoroughly annoyed at its lack of cooperation. You huffed, annoyed and feeling slightly offended at the lack of cooperation, it took a couple of minutes before you decided to sit up and work out why it was so unwilling to cooperate. You were surprised (probably more surprised than you should have been) to find an attractive male to your right and an equally attractive female to your left. You eased yourself out of the bed and went downstairs to find aspirin and water. You deeply regretted your choice of a spiral staircase at that particular point in time.

When you got downstairs you were vaguely aware that someone was banging on the door to your apartment. Downing the glass of water and aspirin you opened your door. The person on the other side wasted no time in barging into your apartment smacking you on the face with your door in the process. You dropped your glass and put your hand to your face, waiting for the tears and stars to fade. That's when you felt a sharp sting on your neck. Reflexively you expanded your smoke-grey wings to throw the offender as far from you as possible. What you hadn't calculated for was how close to the wall you were, this resulted in you being thrown in the opposite direction. You dizzily stood, trying to fight off the hazy feeling which was currently threatening to take over and pull you under waves of darkness, while simultaneously preparing to defend yourself. Within a couple of seconds, the darkness took over and you fell to the ground, your wings retracting back into yourself.

Your body and other senses awoke before your eyes did. It was cold. You were lying on something cold and hard. You went to move your hand to your head and felt something tighten around your wrist and restraining your fingers from being able to move. You tried to move your other wrist, with the same result, then you tried to move your legs, again being unable to move any of your limbs. Then you realised, you were lying face down on something cold and hard. Groggily, your eyes opened, focussing was more than a little difficult and the more you struggled against your restraints the tighter they became. You could hear people moving around you, but they were just out of your field of vision and focus. The best way to describe our sight right now would be how you imagined being trapped under smokey water would be. It was throwing off all your other senses big time. Your hands being restrained prevented you from being able to use your celestial magic as well as prevent you from sensing who or how many people surrounded you. It was like you were trapped inside one of your own creations that you had made for those sent to hell as opposed to the 'Golden City'. That was when you gained enough of your senses to feel the sharp, cold edge of an instrument being violently thrust between the point in your back where your wings met your wings would meet your shoulder blades.