Crooked Angel 15

Uriel disappeared as quickly as he crashed through the window, replacing the glass as if he had never been there in the first place. Once you were certain he wasn't close enough for an ambush again you finally let go and dropped to one knee, pain screaming through your back. Just as your knee hit the floor, the elevator pinged signalling that someone was about to step off the elevator and into the apartment. You were in too much pain to focus on retracting your wings or moving to hide yourself. A small hand on your back and upper arm were barely recognised. You heard Lucifer call your name and saw the flash of Maez race towards you as the coffee table rose quickly to meet you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you came to you were laying on Lucifer's sleek, black couch, your wings had folded back to make them invisible. Lucifer was hovering around you like a helicopter parent (something he very much wasn't). You sat up gingerly, putting your left hand on your right shoulder to support the pain which was making itself more present the more you moved. Once you looked more stable Lucifer and Maez both relaxed and moved into less concerned positions. The younger you was still looking at you as though she could still see the wings, the damage. You could see her little mind working over-time, trying to run through all the scenarios that could have led to the damage to your wings.

After a few minutes of awkward silence and stares between everyone, you finally got to your feet and walked towards the elevator that led down to Lux. You managed to make it there before your shadow could follow you, she evidently had a hard time choosing between staying with Lucifer and following you. You breathed a sigh of relief when you realised you were alone. The elevator dinged letting you know you had reached your destination. You steadied yourself and left the elevator before you could think about it too much. You made sure to take note of where the few people in the bar were situated as you walked through.

You had almost made it out of the club when you almost walked into a blonde. It took you a couple of seconds to realise it was the Detective herself whom you had almost collided with.

"Malkira? I was just coming up to speak with you." You looked at the Detective, your curiosity piqued.

"Am I allowed to enquire exactly what it is that you wish to speak to me about, Detective?" You had a small smirk on your lips as you asked your question.

"Y-Yes, it's about what happened to you, I thought Lucifer would have mentioned to you that I wanted to speak to you about the incident." The Detective had lowered her voice to try and ensure that any eavesdroppers couldn't over hear. As if what had happened to you was one massive secret that you would break at the sound of.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mally was being unusually quiet, even for her. Lucifer looked at the child repeatedly, thinking of the best way to approach her to find out what had happened. Even though it had been around 3 weeks since Malkira had summoned her, it was still strange to him to see her, this small, innocent, Lucifer adoring child. Knowing what will happen to her, knowing how she turns out. Knowing that their relationship is doomed and there is nothing he can do to change that. He's scared. Scared of creating a bond with this child that he is fully aware will not stay around forever. He had forgotten how much you adored him, how much you viewed him as your entire world, your protector. He felt somewhat guilty for keeping his distance from Mally. It hurt him inside to do that to any version of you, but he couldn't show it, he couldn't admit it to himself.