Crooked Angel 7

You awoke to a light being shone in your eyes, effectively blinding you. You could hear glasses clinking as they were placed on tables and felt like you would need about a year before you would be able to move again. When you were finally able to open your eyes without flinching, you automatically brought your hand up to your head, rubbing your eyes.

You panicked when you realised you were free to move your arms without restraints, to feel your arms, face, hair again. Almost as soon as your initial happiness and relief kicked in, it disappeared and was replaced by fear, confusion and utter panic as fast as it had appeared. The more you made yourself look around, the more panicked you became. When had they moved you? What kind of sick, sadistic game were they going to attempt now?

You got up, slowly, testing every movement as if they were watching and waiting, just in case they were testing you in some way. When you cautiously touched your sides you were more than a little shocked to find that they had been bandaged, when you looked down, you were more surprised that they looked clean, fresh. The bandages covered your body in a way that they wrapped up and around your shoulder blades. It wasn't until you realised this that the pain began in your back, this was more evident and noticeable when you moved. Or breathed. If you were being truly honest with yourself, most anything which involved your ribs moving caused complete, shooting pain through your entire body. Once you found a way to breathe, that didn't send excruciating pain throughout your body, you gingerly sat up and tried to figure out where you were.

The walls were dark in colour in comparison to the paler beige walls you had become accustomed to seeing. Once you got your heart rate back down, you could hear the low murmurings of voices coming from another room. Immediately your heart rate increased again, you began looking for something to use as a weapon as the panic began to set in. It took you longer than you'd care to admit, to remember that your hands were free, and you could make a small shield to help give you an extra layer of protection against whatever weapons your abductors had which could, apparently, harm you.

Something must have alerted those in the next room that you were up and about and awake, because you suddenly heard the hushing of people and then footsteps walking towards the small door on the opposite side of the room, hidden in a corner, in shadows. When you heard the steps stopping abruptly outside the door, you froze, fear causing ice cold sweat to drip down your back. Your mind froze, normally you would be a lot better at thinking on your feet, remembering a spell or, at the very least, a technique or stance for self-defence you would practice with Maez.