🎵 Ibuki Mioda x Reader ; Too Soft 🎵

Requested by mairsky_ !

(Name) strummed on his guitar, humming a small tune to himself at the beach in front of the ocean. He found that it calmed his nerves, especially in the situation they've found themselves in. Before he knew it, he was singing part of the song.

"They say before you start a war,

You better know what you're fighting for

Well baby you are all that I adore

If love is what you need, a soldier I will be..."

He sighed, strumming one last time before staring out at the clear sky that reflected off the ocean. He then heard a small rustle and flinched, whipping his head around.

They were in a killing game, after all—he couldn't afford to let his guard down.

But when he saw a bit of pink and blue poking out from behind the door of the beach house, he smiled.

Ibuki... couldn't commit murder even if she tried to, he told himself.

"You can come out, you know? No need to be shy."

With those words, the musician made her appearance and stepped out of the beach house. "I- Ibuki totally wasn't standing there for a while...!"

Now it was (Name)'s turn to feel a little shy as a small blush crept up his cheeks. "Oh, uh... were you now?"

"N- No!" she denied, but her lie was obvious.

"So... you heard me back there?"

Ibuki suddenly smiled, then stupidly said, "Yeah! But your voice... wow, it's beautiful!"

(Name) blinked a few times, his blush only deepening. "Ah, thank you... you know, that really means something coming from the Ultimate Musician."

But then she placed a finger to her chin, humming in thought. "But... there's just one itty-bitty problem."

"A... problem?"

"Your voice is beautiful, yes, but it's too soft! I think you would be great at having a stronger tone with my help!"

He blinked a few times again. "Well, you are the Ultimate Musician... I'm sure I can definitely learn a thing or two from you."

"Woo-hoo! Come, let's practice now!" Ibuki was quick to grab his hand and force him to his feet, excitedly running away from the beach.

(Name) was surprised at the sudden pull but managed to grab his guitar and keep up with her. "Wow, okay, you're really excited for this."

"No one else on the island is interested in music... but you are, (Name)! It makes Ibuki very happy." The musician grinned wide with her teeth, taking him back to the central island.

She then dragged him to the hotel and to her cottage, ignoring the stares they got on the way—he, however, rolled his eyes with a laugh when Kazuichi caught them, smirking.

Ibuki walked into her room, closing the door. She was quick to pick up one of the multiple guitars she had, specifically one that had more of a rock vibe to it.

"Uh, you sure? I'm not much of a hardcore guy," he said with a small chuckle.

"Trust me. You'll grab everyone's attention!" the musician smiled wickedly, getting ready to play something.

However, (Name) stopped her by placing a hand on hers. "Listen, Ibuki... I know you have good intentions. But getting everyone's attention isn't what I was trying to do, nor is it something I want to do. When I sing, it's because I like being alone."

"Then how come you sang in front of Ibuki?"

This made him chuckle. "Well, Ibuki was sort of listening in without me knowing... but I'm okay with that. Honestly, knowing that you like the way I sing, even if it is a little soft compared to your voice, is enough for me. I'm glad, really."

Hearing his words, Ibuki placed the rock guitar down and instead picked up another one, one that looked like (Name)'s. She smiled at him, strumming one tune.

It was soft, contrary to what she had told him before. He raised an eyebrow as she then said, "I'm not the Ultimate Musician for nothing—I can play more than what I'm used to."

(Name) smiled, standing up and placing a hand on the guitar she held. It was so similar to his, the only difference being in color—hers was black, while his was brown.

He couldn't help but ask, "Why don't you?"

"Because it's what everyone loved! I never played soft tunes like this in front of crowds... eventually, I stopped." The way she explained so seriously, it made him wonder if he was truly talking to the Ultimate Musician for a few seconds.

But he understood how she felt and the point she was getting across. Since music contributed—no, was her talent—she did what the people liked. Most things that she liked to do may have been tossed aside and eventually forgotten.

"Well," he spoke up, smiling. "Maybe we can play something together. It's soft, but... from what I've heard, I don't think you're against it. I'm sure you want to play it again, to hear it coming from your own fingers..."

In response, Ibuki smiled wide and she seemed to return back to her energetic self as she stuck her tongue out. "If you put it like that, then totally! And since you're playing with me, obviously."

(Name) chuckled, sitting on her bed and holding his guitar on his lap. Ibuki followed, plopping herself right next to him.

He took the lead, strumming his guitar slowly. She did the same, the music coming from their guitars playing in perfect sync.

What Ibuki did next surprised him—she began to sing a song, definitely one she would have called too soft.

For a second (Name) almost lost his composure and the beat of his music. The way her voice sounded, almost completely different than her attitude and appearance.

One of the many voices of the Ultimate Musician and this by far was his favorite. She sang beautifully.

Had he heard only her voice, he never would have assumed it would be Ibuki. Her gaze had fallen to the ground, not yet noticed his staring.

When she finally looked up, he smiled at her. Then she smiled as she sang, unable to look away from him. She was lost in his eyes, and the way he played the same rhythm as her without even knowing the song she sang—it melted her heart in ways she didn't even realize.

And for (Name), as he stared the Ultimate Musician, playing music with him, he took in all of her features. Physical, facial, and vocal.

As the two strummed the final chords to the song, he realized—he may have just fallen in love with Ibuki.