🔹 Mahiru Koizumi x Hiyoko Saionji ; Confession 🔹

Requested by saphleon !

Mahiru sat at her desk, reading her book with a small smile as she focused on the text. The more she read, the more the noise of the class was drowned out.

Except a child-like voice right in front of her.

"Maaaaaaaaaaaaaahiru! Come on, the bell just rang! We've gotta go eat."

The redhead closed her book and put it in her bag, smiling up at the dancer. "Okay, Hiyoko. Let's go."

Usually she'd eat lunch with Sato, but with her being absent as Hiyoko constantly begging her to stay at the talent course, she just couldn't refuse her.

Just as she was standing up, another voice spoke. Cheery, and unmistakable. "Hey, Mahiru! Guess you got so immersed in your book you didn't hear the bell! It must've been pretty interesting."

"Oh, it was." Mahiru sheepishly smiled at Kazuichi. "Although I didn't think you liked to read."

"Eh, I don't do much of that." The mechanic shrugged, but soon returned with a wide grin. "But having a good distraction is always nice, you know?"

"Go get your own friend, you useless bum!" Hiyoko snapped, shoving Kazuichi away from the two. "I was talking to Mahiru first!"

"Okay, okay...! Geez..." Kazuichi let himself get shoved away, and once gone from the pair, went off to chat with other students as he stepped out the door.

Mahiru held a small frown, but Hiyoko didn't seem to notice. The tiny blonde only grabbed her friend's hand and ran out of the room with a smile. "Come on, let's go eat!"

The redhead had to quickly grab her bag, letting out a small squeak as she was dragged out of the classroom. Hiyoko was truly excited to go have lunch with her friend—her only friend, oblivious to Mahiru.

Right when they were about to reach the tables, Mahiru stopped. "Hiyoko... can I ask you something before we eat lunch?"

"Sure, Mahiru! What is it?" the latter asked, her grin still wide.

Even that made the photographer hesitate a bit. But she had to stand her ground right now, and she let the question out, "Why did you kick Kazuichi out like that? Not just him... why are you constantly kicking out everyone who comes to talk to me?"

Hearing this, Hiyoko's smile dropped, which made Mahiru regret her words just a small bit. The dancer looked away, but seeing as her friend was still waiting for an answer, she caved in and sighed.

"Okay, fine... I have no friends, and you're my only one..."

"Of course you'll get that result if you continue to push the people who try to come near you away..." Mahiru sat down on the table bench, patting the seat next to her.

Hiyoko sat, sniffling slightly. "But it's not just that... I don't want other people to take you away from me. That's why I pushed Kazuichi."

"Oh, Hiyoko..." Mahiru couldn't help but smile at her. "No one's taking me away from you. I'm your friend... I wouldn't let a single person keep me away from you."

"R- Really?" Hiyoko wiped at her nose, looking up at her friend hopefully.

"Of course!" Mahiru put an arm around the other, pulling her closer. "You're silly, Hiyoko."

Hiyoko let out a small sigh as she leaned into her. "There's..." The words itched at her throat, as if she didn't want to say them at all. She figured that she might as well get them out now, "There's something else."

"What is it?"

"I.." Hiyoko took a deep breath, clenching her fist to pep talk herself. Okay, you got this. You... oh, you don't got it, dumbass!

Mahiru held a concerned look. "Hiyoko?"

"I really, really like you, Mahiru!" the dancer blurted. Seeing the confused look on the other's face, she continued with a visible blush. "And sometimes, I just feel like when you hang out with other people, you'll fall in love with other people..."

"So that's what it is." Mahiru put a finger to her chin as if in thought.

Hiyoko was worried for a few seconds, but could only stare in shock when her friend smiled. "Mahiru?"

"I told you I wouldn't let anyone take me away from you, didn't I?" The photographer leaned down and placed a hand behind Hiyoko's head, planting a small kiss on her forehead. "I'm glad you told me."

"Y- You are...?" She was still in shock at what just happened.

"Of course. Now I know that I'm off-limits to everyone else but you." Mahiru grinned, looking down at the other.

Hiyoko's eyes began to water, but they were happy tears. She wiped them, not wanting to show weakness—but she couldn't help herself as the person she liked for so long reciprocated the feelings.

"Oh, Mahiru...! Look what you did to me..."

"I think it's more like what you did to me..."

"Huh?" Before Hiyoko could ask what she meant, Mahiru leaned down and placed a tender kiss on her lips, leaving the dancer beet red in the face.

Pulling away, Mahiru looked at her blushing friend with a giggle. Her cheeks were dusted pink. "Goodness, Hiyoko, I didn't think you were this cute when flustered."

Hiyoko put her hands over her face, trying to hide how red she was—impossible. "Maaaaaaaaahiruuuuuuuu!"

Of course, she liked it. If it was anyone else, then she would've probably freaked out and yelled at them for doing it. But Mahiru, she was different. Not only was she her best friend, she was the person she had caught feelings for.

"Come. Let's have lunch." With a smile, the photographer pulled out her brown lunch bag and set it on the table. "I even brought some of those gummies you like so much."

Hiyoko smiled wide. "Oh, yay!"

Boy, did Hiyoko love Mahiru.

A/N: EEK I HOPE THIS WAS OKAYYYYY

~dxganronpa