Chapter 39

*Chapter 39*

Epilogue 1 ~13 months later~

Zaron

"Zaron?" I turned around seeing a familiar old man. "Oh, it's really you. Long time no see!"

I widened my eyes as him. "No way, uncle Dan," I grinned, stopped in tracks to greet him. "How have you been doing?"

And that is how I met my uncle on a Saturday evening while I was grocery shopping after not seeing him for three years. We both ended up drinking a bit in his favorite bar, catching up what we both missed out on each other.

"So how is work going?" He curiously asked and took a sip of his beer. Anyway, I couldn't drink since I still had to drive and therefore just got a regular cocktail.

"Good as always." He was the one who promoted me in my current working place. So as a matter of fact I owed him a lot. Unfortunately, he ended up moving to France. "And your family?"

"Ah you know my son Josh is all good but Kelly," he shook his head with a slight chuckle. "Let's just say, she's in her rebellious phase."

"What are you even doing here so suddenly? Had to urge to come and visit us again?" I wondered.

"Well I just had to run a little errand and while I was at it I thought why not just bring my family with me and pay everyone a visit," he shrugged. "I was actually on my way to meet your parents."

"Then what were you doing at the grocery store?" I frowned.

"Getting some wine and chocolate as a gift what else?" He chuckled. "But I guess I can also meet them tomorrow. I also need to go visit your sister. After all, I want to meet my great nephew, right?"

"Oh yeah and even after complaining how much work it is to take care of children, she happen to get pregnant again," I chuckled.

"What?!" He gasped. "Again? Damn that woman," he shook his head. "What about you? You already twenty-six and you still didn't get yourself a girlfriend?"

"Actually," I smirked. "There is someone I plan to marry."

"Oho look at that. Was finally time, wasn't it?" He proudly patted my shoulder. "So tell me about it. What's her name, how's she like?"

"That she is a he," I corrected him.

"H-huh? What did you say?" He furrowed his brows as wrinkles formed on his forehead.

"It's a guy, I said. He's name's Quentin and we're also living together."

"Dang, guess I missed too much." He scratched his neck with a frown. "How did that happen?"

"Oh believe me, that's a long story," I chuckled.

"I think I'll have to stop by at your place, too. Definitely have to meet him," he decided.

"Don't be surprised. And be nice, he's quick to judge someone from the first impression."

"I won't forget," he chuckled.

"Anyway, I guess I'll have to take my leave. He's probably waiting already. But we'll see each other, right?" I stood up.

"Of course. Was nice to see you again," he winked, causing me to smirk.

"You haven't changed at all, uncle Dan."

*

Once I was back home I didn't hesitate to store the groceries in the right places before looking for Quentin. Normally, he would have immediately come to greet me which is why I got curious.