Chapter 11

*Chapter 11*

Zaron

"The guards are already checking the area, we need to leave!" Pixie said.

I cursed. Where is he? My heart was pounding when I looked around. I couldn't just look for him with the guards on our back, but I didn't want to leave him alone either. The guard who was about to search through the third floor already seemed to went through. And due to the second crashing sound that appeared afterwards I had my doubts that he was okay.

"Boss!" I heard someone behind me and turned around, spotting Loki. "We need to go!" He said. I looked down and sighed. He was right. I couldn't just wait. The guards will definitely find us if we wait any time longer. Collin was quick to tag along when he looked around.

"Where is he? Don't tell me he's still inside," he widened his eyes. I didn't say anything. It wasn't like I could answer his question.

We were the second to arrive since Jane and Memphis were already there. Though there was still one missing. I was getting more worried. Jane had a guilty expression on her face once our eyes met. "I'm sorry for before. It wasn't on purpose," she apologized. But I couldn't care less at the moment.

And it wasn't that bad anyway since it was kind of a warning from the next shift. No one could have guessed that they would come earlier. "Where is your little buddy," Memphis frowned but gasped when he figured my expression. "Are you kidding?!" He widened his eyes in shock.

"Pixie can you locate him?" I looked at him. He shook his head though.

"I never got the chance to mount a GPS chip in his set yesterday. I assumed that it would be fine since he was with you," he explained. I let my hand drive through my hair and sighed.

All of the sudden I heard some rustling sound from behind me and turned around when my eyes met his. I gasped and immediately rushed over to him and pressed him against me when he abruptly tensed up and whimpered.

I let go in confusion only to see his painful expression. "You're okay?" I asked worried. He just nodded and waved away.

"It's fine, let's hurry and leave. Sorry that it took so long by the way," he smiled. I pressed my lips together and decided to question it later.

"Okay, let's leave," I nodded. That was the cue for us to move to our cars and disappear. The entire car ride was quiet and I had a really strange feeling about it but not in an uncomfortable way. And that feeling didn't deceive me when we all met back at my place. "Come on we're already there," I said and opened the car that lead to the co driving seat.

He looked at me with tired eyes before he got up and almost fell on me if he hadn't caught himself. Nevertheless, I kept my mouth shut since the others were waiting for me to open the door which I did right after I supported him to the living room where he immediately made himself comfortable, leaning against me with his eyes close.

They all gathered in complete silence, waiting for me to speak up, but I bit my lips and hesitated. "I assume neither of you have found the diary, right?" I sighed with defeat in my voice. "It was a risky move from the very start. Looking for something that we had barely a prove on."

"Well, it could be that it wasn't this particular building that the diary is in," Jane started while she brought out a few paper sheets, spreading it on the table. "These seem to be others of the buildings that also happen to be in Don-Raler's property."

"I didn't know they were so expanded," Pixie huffed. "Anyway, when they have that many places where they have their office in, then there's suppose to be a main and a way bigger one. Judged by these plans, I doubt that it's any one of these."