Chapter 12

When I woke up again, the hold on me had significantly loosened. I looked to my right and Seth was already staring down at me.

"Oh my god! Are you ok? You passed out so suddenly, I didnt know what to do! What happened?" I asked, jumping up to a sitting position.

"I'm fine, I was simply tired from healing Tyromanus. It took a lot of energy out of me." He answered.

"Tyro what?" I questioned, scrunching my eyebrows in confusion.

"Tyromanus... my mate" He said, nodding to the other man in the bed.

I glanced over and he gave me a big smile that made me blush for some reason. I smiled back before whispering under my breath.

"I didn't think it was possible for someone to have an even stranger name then Seth."

"Can I just call you Tyler? It will be easier for everyone to pronounce and understand than Tyro... Tyronaru...?" I added louder.

"Tyromanus. But yes you can call me Tyler, I like the way it sounds. And what, pray tell, have you named Sethsanos?" Tyler answered.

"Oh, I just shortened it into Seth." I told him.

"Hmmm, sounds sexy. That is what you say in this era for attractive correct? The information Seth passed on to me is mildly confusing." Tyler said.

"Um, I suppose yes..." I confirmed.

Just then, my stomach grumbled making heat rise to my cheeks again. I bolted out of the bed.

"I'll go get some food. Would you guys want anything?" I asked.

"Sounds like a good idea to me. Surprise us little mate." Seth said.

I was just about to protest his choice of words but was rudely interrupted by my stomach grumbling loudly once again, making it clear that it would not hesitate to eat itself if I did not provide it with some food right now.

I closed my mouth again and hurried out of the tent where I was immediately treated by a worried looking Rachel and a pissed off Charles.

"Blake! Are you ok? He didn't do anything to you did he? I swear to god if he hurt I will..." Rachel started but I cut her off.

"I'm fine Rachel, don't worry. Nothing happened." I told her.

"Then what was that all about? He blasts me away and then abducts you for hours. What happened?" Charles questions.

"He just wanted me to watch over hi. And Tyler while they slept, it drained him to heal Tyler." I explained.

"Tyler...?" Charles trailed off.

"The man we found the other day. Seth's mate he was looking for." I said.

My stomach grumbled yet again, bringing me back to the matter at hand. I turned and walked towards the food table, Rachel and Charles following behind me. I grabbed as much of the leftovers of the last meal as I could carry and started walking back to Seth and Tyler.

"Your going back?" Charles asked.

"Yes, I'm starving and I told them I would bring them back some food." I answered.

"Ok, we will talk to you later then Blake. Be careful, we don't know what they are capable of." Rachel said, stopping Charles from running after me, probably scared there would be a repeat of earlier that day.

"He won't hurt me Rachel." I assured.

"You never know Blake. You barely met him a few days ago." She added.

"I know." I answered.

I arrived back at the tent and walked in through the flaps I had left open. I placed the food on my desk and took a second to close the tent before handing out the food. I tore into my portion but soon noticed that Tyler was poking at his with a weird look on his face.

"Your supposed to eat it you know?" I asked.

He gave me a sceptical look and Seth held his own sandwich up to Tyler's mouth.

"It's better then it looks, trust me. You'll like it." Seth said.

Tyler hesitated for a second before closing his eyes and taking a small tentative bite. For a second, he just sat there, chewing slowly. His eyes suddenly shot open and he grabbed Seth sandwich, stuffing it in his mouth.

"This is so good!" He exclaimed, scarfing down all of the food I had brought for him.

"Didn't you have some yesterday when I brought you food?" I asked.

"He was still asleep. I used it to restore my energy in order to heal him as much as possible." Seth explained.

I nodded and we continued eating our food as Tyler started picking at Seth's share when he thought he wasn't looking. Once we were done, we sat in silence for a while until I spoke up.

"So, is there anything else we need to look for here? Any other friends you may have or objects that may still be buried?" I questioned.

"Nothing of importance." They answered at the same time.

"...ok." I said.

"I will go tell the crew to pack up for good this time. We will leave in a few days to give you more time to recover." I added after an awkward silence.

They both nodded at me and I exited the tent once again. Workers where walking around aimlessly, not knowing what to do now that we had no more digging to do. Rachel suddenly ran up to me.

"Oh thank god you came back out. I was scared you would spend the day in there and leave me to deal with all these lost souls alone. What are we doing now?" She asked.

"We are packing up for real this time. But tell them to take their time, Tyler still needs more time to heal so we won't be leaving for at least a few days." I explained.

"Oh really? We are going home? Thank fuck! I miss taking an actual shower instead of using a bucket and a washcloth. I can't wait to sleep in a real bed again." She shagged.

I smiled and agreed wholeheartedly with her before she ran off to start yelling at the workers like she had been doing since the very first day of this expedition.