Chapter 2

I jumped out of bed and followed Rachel out of the tent only to find that it was completely dark outside and the temperature had started dropping.

"Wait I need my jacket." I told her, racing back in and grabbing it off the back of my desk chair.

"Hurry up Blake!" She shouted at me from outside.

I ran back to her and we speed walked to the dig site. Everyone had been called back from the other dig sites to help excavate the stone faster, which meant that there was approximately a hundred people now surrounding the hole, blocking our path.

Rachel non too kindly shoved her way through to the front, me following close behind.

She let me climb down the ladder first. I walked over to the nearest statue first and inspected it. Other then the missing top of it's head, it was in perfect condition, which ment that the workers had been careful after this morning's incident and that they had somehow been perfectly preserved for who knows how manny years they had been buried down here.

The statue was easily twice my size and I wasn't small at 5 feet 8 inches, but even they weren't as tall as the stone structure they were surrounding. In fact it was a good two feet taller than the statues.

I walked around it quickly and it became painfully obvious that there was no door to this thing and that it was nothing more then a square stone.

"Fuck!" I shouted.

"Boss?" Charles asked uneasily as he suddenly appeared beside me.

"It's just a stupid fucking rock! We waisted all this time for a bunch of broken statues and a rock!" I shouted, kicking the rock beside me.

"Blake, I contacted Philip Moore for more info and informed him of what we found, he said the important stuff is in there. It's not a rock, it's a room."

"It was just a coincidence, there is no way in hell that his drug induced vision was actually of this." I said.

"It's worth a try though isn't it? What do you have to lose anyways?" He asked.

"Fine, you do the honours since your the one who believes this crap." I said, reaching a hand up towards the top of the hole so that one of the workers could toss his shovel down to me.

I handed it to Charles and he started mumbling about the north side and three feet above the ground and some weakest point shit.

I observed him patiently as he calculated distances and walked around until he finally swung the shovel back and hit the side of the rock.

There was the sound of rocks crumbling and a hole opened up in the wall.

"What the fuck?" I asked.

"Philip said this is were the door used to be before it was filled in but the people who did it couldn't make it as solid as the rest because they had to do it from the outside only. So if I was to get in it was though here, the weakest point." He explained and I looked as him, stunned.

The guy had actually been right? Well damn...

I walked over to the hole and peeked inside. It smelled old, humid and stale, like would be expected of an old condemned room.

"Pass me a flashlight." I said to no one in particular.

As soon as I had one in my hands, I turned it on and pointed it into the room. There were more broken and crumbling statues inside disposed at equal intervals around the room. I counted about twenty in total, ten inside and ten outside.

The statues inside had probably been damaged due to the humidity in the room.

I stepped through the hole slowly, followed by Charles and Rachel, each with there own flashlight.

The room was completely empty except for the statues and a long stone box covered in hieroglyphs in the middle of the room.

The box was about seven feet long and three feet high. It was strapped sown to the floor by multiple thick chains.

"Who ever built all this did not want that box to leave this room. I wonder what's in it that's so important." Rachel said.

"Guess we'll find out. Get me the bolt cutters." I said and Charles raced out to get them.

"You can't seriously be thinking about opening it right?" Rachel asked.

"Why not? What ever was in there can't be alive, it's been way to long. This thing looks like it thousands of years old." I said.

"Yeah but what if there's a curse on it or something?" She questioned.

"Rachel, come on, in all the time that we have been digging together you still believe in that stuff?" I scoffed.

"What? No! Of course not!" She exclaimed, not sounding very convincing.

"Good, cuz were opening it." I said, just as Charles ran back with the bolt cutters in hand.

I took them from him and dropped to my knees beside the box and started working on cutting the chains. They were so thick that I had to cut each side of one link individually.

I repeated the process for each of the ten chains, releasing a shag once I finished.

I wiped the sweat off of my forehead and threw the bolt cutters across the floor. It hit the foot of a statue, breaking it off and sending the hole thing crashing to the floor were it smashed to pieces.

"Oops..." I said.

"Help me open it." I told them pointing to the box.

We each graded hold of the top slab of stone covering the box and pushed. It was too heavy for us to push alone.

Rachel went to get three of our strongest workers to come and help us. With their help, we managed to push the stone slab off onto the floor.

I was shocked by what I saw inside. There was a man floating in transparent green liquid.

His eyes and mouth were sown shut and he was wrapped in more thick chains. There was a layer of glass under the stone on all sides.

"Damn, what ever this guy did when he was alive, he must have really pissed someone off." I said.

******
Pic of Blake