Chapter 11

The next morning, I got up and exited Charles's tent and walked aimlessly. I found myself at the entrance to my tent and i just stood there. There was no sound whatsoever coming from the tent. I stood there for a second before turning around and walking away. I walked away from all the tents and up onto a sand dune to watch what was left of the sun rise.

Half an hour later, the workers started waking up bringing with them the now routine sounds of the day. I made my way back to the food table, where breakfast was being placed by the cooks we had hired, surprising me yet again with the variety of good food they were able to make with the limited choice of ingredients we could afford to bring.

I grabbed some eggs, hashbrowns and sausage before sitting at the end of a table to eat. Rachel and Charels soon joined me with their own plates of food.

"You ok?" Rachel asked.

"Yup, I'm fine." I said, but even I could tell I was lying.

"No your not. What's going on?" She questioned.

"I'm just worried. Are they ok? I mean that guy we found yesterday... he didn't look good. And Seth looked so sad. Is his friend even still alive? Seth insisted that he was but... I don't know. These feelings I have are confusing me, I shouldn't feel this way and so strongly about someone I just met. I wish I could go in there and check on them but Seth was pretty clear that he wanted to be alone."

Charles and Rachel sat there, just staring at me for a long time before Charles finally spoke up.

"You know, it's your tent their in... you could just go in if its worrying you so much."

"What? No! He said he wanted no one else in there, I don't want to go against his wishes." I answered.

"Nonsense! Come on where going in to check on them." Charles said.

He got up from the table and grabbed my arm, pulling me with him. I tried to resist and convince him that it was a bad idea but he would not listen.

We quickly arrived to my tent with me still arguing that we shouldn't go when suddenly, a blood curdling scream erupted from inside the tent, causing everyone to drop what they were holding to cover their ears. The screaming went on for and agonizingly long five minutes before dying down. A wave of energy blasted out from the tent, kicking up a cloud of sand and wind in all directions around it as it traveled outwards.

After rubbing the sand out of our eyes, Charles looked at me before running towards the tent. I ran after him, trying to stop him but he reached the door before I could. He through open the flaps and stepped in.

I peaked in behind him only to see two glowing red eyes, glaring at Charles.

"GET OUT!" Seth roared.

I barely had the time to duck out of the way before Charles went flying backwards out of the tent and sent crashing into the sand a few meters away. I gasped and started running towards him when an invisible force wrapped around my torso. I screwed my eyes shut and braced for the impact to come, but it never did. Instead, I felt a warm breath on the right side of my neck and strong arms wrapped around my body.

"Do you truly believe I would hurt you?" Seth whispered in my ear.

"We barely know each other, why would you treat me any different then you did Charles?" I asked, opening my eyes slowly.

For a minute, there was no answer and I was starting to think that I had pissed him off somehow, until he layed his forehead against my shoulder.

"I would never hurt you mate, I promise." He whispered before spinning me around and swinging me up onto his shoulder before walking back into the tent. He closed the flaps quickly before placing me down gently.

"Please don't let anyone in, I don't trust them like I do you." Seth said.

Before I could answer, he collapsed to the ground and I struggled to catch him before he hit, barely managing to slow his fall and lower him down gently due to him being at least a head taller then me.

"Seth? Seth! Wake up!" I shouted, tapping his cheek gently so as not to hurt him.

"He is only sleeping, do not worry." A smooth voice whispered from the bed.

I looked up and saw Seth's friend laying on the bed, looking pale and covered in sweat but his cuts and bruises had disappeared. His eyes where a startling orange swirl.

"Is he going to be ok? Are you ok? What's going on?" I asked.

"He will be just fine once he gets some rest." He answered, chuckling.

He reached out his hand towards me and beckoned me forward. I looked down at Seth once more and got up, walking towards his friend. Once I was within his reach, he took ahold of my hand and I felt the same sparks as I do with Seth shoot up my arm. We both gasped and his hand tightened on mine, refusing to let go.

"Sethsanos was right. He have finally found you mate. We have been looking everywhere for so long for you..." He trailed off.

"What do you mean?" I asked but he passed out before he could answer me.

His hand dropped from mine and I checked his pulse just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating and this man that had been trapped underground for probably hundreds of years like Seth, was truly still alive.

After confirming it, I walked back to Seth and picked him up as best I could and dragged him towards the twin matres his friend, who's name I still didnt know, was lying on. I layed Seth down next to him and they instinctively turned towards one another and cuddled up in their sleep. For a second, I thought maybe they were a gay couple but quickly dismissed that idea, knowing how frowned upon that was in the past.

I was about to walk to my desk to write down the resent events in my journal when Seth's arm shot out and pulled me down to the bed where I was promptly trapped between the two men and caged in by their arms, holding me in place strongly, making all attempts at escaping impossible. Seth sighed and the other man smiled in their sleep.

When they showed no signs of waking up any time soon, I relaxed in their embrace and decided to take a nap since it was clear I wasn't going anywhere until they woke up. Within seconds I was out like a light, tired from my less then peaceful night I had experienced just before.