CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE THE FINAL CHAPTER

It feels fitting to end this with Bucky's POV.
BUCKY'S POV

Today is the last day of school before the summer holidays, no doubt basically no one will show up but all of mine and Steve's friends promised to be here on the last day to cause problems for the teachers. Natasha and Clint are finally dating after months! Tony and Bruce have a thing going on, Sam and Sharon are doing their own things with other people. We've told everyone about that Matt Murdock guy and they all agreed to welcome him to the group next year. Except Tony because smart boy Tony will be going to M.I.T rather than doing senior year but no one is surprised. His smarts are almost as big as his ego.
Steve and I, we will be going off to an army boot camp. We're thinking of joining the army after we finish school but we aren't too sure yet, we might head off to college first. If we do, I'll be in the music program and Steve in the art program.
With Rumlow finally behind me, I can once again look forward to things like that, and things like dreaming about my future with Steve. They say high school romances don't last, well, if we do break up, we won't stop being friends because we basically shared a crib together. We have too much history for that to stop us.
"Steve," I whisper, kissing his head which is on my chest, as is the rest of his body. "Stevie, wake up."
"No." He mutters, moving so his head is under my chin and stuffing his cold hands under my back.
"If you don't move your hit ass right now, I'll pee all over you." I warn him as his body presses on my bladder.
Thankfully, my words get him to roll off me and drag my blankets with him. I climb over him, kissing his shoulder as I do. I grab a random shirt off the floor and pull it on before going to the bathroom to relieve myself.
Knowing Steve has gone right back to sleep, I go to the kitchen and make him a cup of coffee and myself a hot chocolate.
"Excited for your last day of school?" Mum asks as I'm making some toast for Steve.
"I'm looking forward to spending the summer at the boot camp with Steve." I grin, spreading butter over the hot toast. "I mostly can't believe they even let me into the program because of my arm."
"You're strong, fit and healthy, they can see that and that's what matters." Mum tells me, pulling me down and kissing my cheek. "Now go wake and feel that hungus boyfriend of yours and get ready for school."
"Yes ma'am." I chuckle, grabbing both mugs and somehow balancing the plate of toast on my arm.
Like I thought, Steve is back asleep but one whiff of the coffee and he's away and skulling it down. I roll my eyes at him, sitting on the edge of the bed, happily sipping my hot chocolate, staring at my packed bags by my desk to be put in Sarah's car before school because straight after, we're off to New Jersey to where the boot camp is. We have to be there and ready to go at five in the morning, so it's easier leaving this afternoon because no one wants to be driving at three in the morning. I believe most of the recruits are arriving tonight anyway.
"Ready for tomorrow?" I ask, placing my cup on my bedside table.
"Very nervous but very excited." He tells me, wrapping his arms around my waist before I can sit back down, I land on him with a heavy grunt escaping us both. "I'm glad they let your amazing ass in."
"Is that why you want me there? Because of my ass?" I ask him in a teasing manner but with a straight face.
"Yes." He replies with an equally straight face. "And possibly your smile... maybe your personality too."
"Just a maybe?" I ask, barely brushing my lips against his shoulder.
Steve bites his bottom lip with a nod.
"You sure?" I ask, pressing my lips against his neck. "Just maybe?" This time, I kiss his jaw, he probably thinks it'll be his lips next. He lets out a moan which is very hot but he hasn't answered my question. "I'm not going to kiss you until you answer."
"Little more than a maybe." He admits hoarsely,  his eyes begging me to kiss him.
"Let's get ready for school." I grin cheekily, getting up off him and grabbing the clothes I set out for myself last night. "You want the first shower to deal with your problem or do you want to deal with it the other way?"
Steve's whole face goes bright red with embarrassment. Not just his face but his ears and neck too. I have to hold in my laughter to save him from more embarrassment.
"Can I have the first shower?" He finally asks after his skin turns back to a normal shade.
I nod with a grin, taking a seat on my computer chair. He grabs what he needs and slinks out of my room, his clothes tightly pressed into his groin.
A little over an hour later, I'm tossing my duffle bag into the back of the car while my little sister is begging me not to go to training for the two months.
"Don't go Jamie!" Dawn pouts, sitting firmly on my bag in the back of Sarah's car. "Or take me with you!"
"I can't do that Dawnie," I lift her up under her arms and set her on my hip, not caring she's too big for this. "You're too little for the big kid camp, and Steb will be there with me." I kiss her temple as Jay and Josh come out of the building, both ready for school. Josh looks gloomy and Jay has no emotion but that's normal.
"I'm going to come back in one piece at the end of summer, okay?" I tell Josh, pulling him into my side with my free arm. I place Dawn down on the ground and walk over to Jay who is trying to look cool and like he doesn't care over by the door. "Hey Jayjay," I grab his shoulder, looking him in the eyes that match my own in colour. "You continue looking after them, okay?"
"You better come back in one piece." Jay finally tells me and he shocks me by pulling me in for a hug but I happily hug him back right away. "I don't wanna see you hurt anymore."
"I'll be okay, Steve has my back." I'll admit, I hug him tighter because it's been way too long since our last hug. "Look after them okay, Jayjay?"
"Of course, Jamie." He smiles up at me.
I pull away and go to jump in the car but I stop and look at both my brothers and my little sister.
"None of you are allowed to grow over the summer, got it?" I beg them, not wanting to see them grow up anymore just yet. I turn to my parents and hug them both, and to calm my mum a little, I promise to write her a letter every now and again about what we get up to. "See you guys soon."
The school day is very relaxed, none of the teachers care what we do and let us run rampant on the school grounds until the assembly. Our little group just hang out in our spot being complete idiots. I even join in, throwing myself in fully for the first time. Even Clint is being his old self because of his brother being alive still.
And even though Steve and I will be hard to contact this summer, we get back a few weeks before the break is over and we promise to go do stupid shit at the end of it before we become seniors.

The end... for now.