CHAPTER TWELVE

BUCKY'S POV

My neck is as stiff as wood but I couldn't be happier because of the oversized teen curled up in my arms on this warm Christmas morning. I'm sure that Steve and his mum hadn't planned on staying the night but Steve was exhausted after our talk last night. I look down and smile happily but hold back laughter when the blonde snorts in his sleep a little.
Although I love my little sister to bits, she absolutely ruins me admiring my boyfriend by running in and jumping on the bed, waking the blonde. Steve let's out a long whine and rolls onto his stomach and pushes his face into my chest and hugs me tight.
"Dawn, please stop." I can't help the chuckle that escapes my lips as Steve snuggles closer and Dawn huffs, sitting next to me. "Thank you. We'll be up in a bit, don't open any presents until everyone is up."
"Fine." Dawn grumbles, hugging me and Steve before getting off the bed and running off.
"Mum and I weren't planning on staying, we didn't bring presents." Steve's voice is hoarse, it's hot as hell and I'm just hoping he can't feel my slight problem down below.
"It's fine." I press my lips to his temple and rub his back. "We should get up before Dawn and mum come in in full force."
Steve just grunts but he slowly pushes himself up between my legs. Whether he notices my small problem, he says nothing and gets up off the bed, stumbling a little as he does. I don't remember either of us getting out of our pants or ugly sweaters last night, all are on the chair.
"Hey," I stop Steve before he can pull on his jeans. I grab a pair of sweats from my dresser and toss them over to him. "Those will be more comfortable."
He smiles tiredly and pulls them on. Once we're both dressed, we head out to the lounge where everyone is waiting around, each have a plate of pancakes in their lap. Steve and I grab the two plates that are ready on the bench and sit together on the beanbag by the Christmas tree. The second we've all finished eating and our plants are in the dishwasher, Dawn sprints to the tree and grabs every present with her name on it but she doesn't rip into them because tells her off.
Steve and Ms Rogers are quite surprised when they end up with two little piles of presents, mostly chocolates and little things. I had gotten Steve a couple extra things because I had a little extra pocket money.
My pile is an alright size. I didn't want much even if it is my first Christmas back home in over a year. I couldn't think of anything other than being with my family, Steve and Sarah included.
We all rip our presents open at the same time. I don't pay much attention to what anyone else got but I got Steve a light blue hoodie with a red star with dark blue between the points and two red circles expanding around it, one blue and the middle silver. I don't know why I chose it, truth be told. It just seems so him, and he seems to love it as he tugs it on and sends a wink my way before digging into the rest of his presents.
I open the smallest of mine first, it's two rainbow bead bracelets, one with 'Bucky' and the other with 'Jamie'. Both my nicknames from my little sister. I put them both on and get up from my spot and kiss the little dark haired girl on the forehead and tell her I love them, because I do love them. I promise her that I'll wear them forever and I intend to keep that promise.
The next present is a complete box set of all David Tennant's seasons as the Doctor on Doctor Who. He's my absolute favourite Doctor. I may have let out a squeal of excitement upon seeing them under the wrapping paper and hug my parents a little too tightly but they don't seem to mind as they both kiss my head with wide smiles.
The next two presents are from my brother's, both are Pop Vinyl figures. The Tenth Doctor and Rose Tyler. I thank them both but don't give them the same affection as the others because they don't like it, and I feel like being nice to them for once.
My last present makes me burst into tears. My mum painted one of the homecoming pictures of Steve and I and attached to the back are two necklaces. Dog tags. Both have 'I'm with you til the end of the line' engraved with mine and Steve's names. Steve looks over curiously and kisses my cheek when he sees what I'm tearing up over.
Not wanting everybody to see my tears, I turn and bury my face into his shoulder and let out quiet sobs. I truly don't know why I'm crying over this because I'm happy. Happier than I've been in a very long time, homecoming not included, though that was amazing and I got myself the perfect boyfriend.
Steve holds me until I calm down, then I get him to turn slightly and I do up his necklace that has my name on it, then he puts the other one on me.
The rest of the morning is spent watching Doctor Who Christmas specials while Dawn and Jay play with remote control cars and Josh with his small drone.
After lunch, Steve and Sarah head home to do their thing for Christmas day but thank us for letting them stay last night despite not being planned, and of course for the presents we had given them.
I wish I could've spent the day cuddling with Steve but I settle for binge watching Doctor Who on the family laptop in my room to avoid stepping on cars or being hit on the head with a drone. My hand hardly ever leaves the tag on my neck. I repeatedly thanked my parents for it and my mum for the painting which is standing proud on my windowsill.