CHAPTER SIX

BUCKY'S POV

Three days. That's how long I've been stuck in this God forsaken bed. I want to get back to my own bed. My parents keep asking me what happened during that year because of this event but I'm trying to bury it all because it's painful to relive. I just want to forget Rumlow but he's on my mind constantly. His face front and centre in my head ever since he did what he did on Saturday. Steve refused to leave my side unless he had to pee. My doctor tried once to get him to leave but I had a panic attack. The thought of not being near Steve scares me because when I walked out, I was abused and lost my arm and when he skated past me, I wasn't just beaten. Whether he's annoyed at me constantly wanting him near me or not, he doesn't show it, he just smiles and snuggles closer without even me having to ask.
It was easy getting into normal clothes without leaving the bed but when I stand and put pressure on my right leg, it hurts a bit from where Rumlow stuck his pocket knife in me. My ribs hurt as well but I push past the pain and hobble over to Stevie and my parents who are talking to the doctor.
"You should be using the crutch we gave you." Doc sighs unhappily at me walking about.
"It makes my ribs hurt even more." I mutter with a small shrug. Doc rolls his eyes and hands my parents a slip of paper.
"Take it easy." Doc tells me, giving me a look basically saying that if I don't, I'll regret it.
At home, I'm hugged by my siblings and aunt before I escape to my room with Steve. Steve does his best to cheer me up but in all honesty, I want to burrow under these blankets with Steve and never leave. I don't tell him that though, I just let him joke and draw little doodles on his sketchpad that he proudly shows me.
"So, what are you wearing to the homecoming on Saturday?" I ask, stretching my legs across Steve's lap without a care in the world. He doesn't seem to mind.
"I think clothes would be a good option." Steve chuckles. I crack an honest smile at that and roll my eyes. "I'm not sure, you?"
"Not a clue." I smile, resting my head against the wall behind me. "Wanna cut my hair?"
"What?" My god, I swear this guy is like ninety years old at times.
"Do ya wanna cut thy hair?" I have NO clue why I said it like that the second time but he seems to get what I mean. "As much as I would love to breakdown about what happened, I need to move on and start over, which means a haircut."
"Fair enough, got any scissors in here that can do the job?" I really should ask my mum to do it but what she doesn't know is he cut my hair when we were ten. She thought a hairdresser did it but I actually spent that money on comics and ice cream...
I shrug before carefully rummaging around my desk until I find a pair of scissors and hand them to Steve.
He leaves the room and comes back with a couple towels and lays them on the floor before placing a chair in the middle. Followed by a pain filled grunt, I move myself onto the chair, failing to hide the small whimper of pain when my ass touches the chair. Steve says nothing while placing a mirror in front of me to help him cut my hair but I can't help but think hell walked all over me, I guess it kind of did. I divert my eyes and force those thoughts away.
Steve cuts my short, similar to how it was before it grew out. I like it a lot. Very carefully, I get off the chair and tug my shirt off and throw it in the hamper and Steve helps me dust off any excess hair before I pull on a random hoodie of mine. I go to help him get rid of the hair but he gives me a stern look, so with a reluctant huff, I ease my sore body into my bed.
"You should take some painkillers and get some sleep, I'll be over in the morning." Steve says, placing a cup and a couple pills on my desk. He's leaving? I don't want him to leave, and I can't help the tear roll down my cheek and onto my pillow.
"Please don't go." I whisper before pressing my face into my pillow to muffle a little sob. I'm being a big baby but I don't care, I hurt everywhere and I don't want him to leave me. "Please Stevie."
A hand begins rubbing circles between my shoulder blades but I refuse to pull my head out of my pillow until the hand goes through my hair. I look up to see Steve's face full of worry but thankfully there's no pity to be seen.
"Sorry if I'm being clingy." I apologise to him, hugging my pillow close to my body and low key loving his hand in my hair.
"I kinda like clingy Bucky." I groan while he chuckles and continues playing with my hair.
"Do you know if they've caught Rumlow yet?" I ask quietly, giving into my need and nuzzling his hand a little.
"I don't know, I'm sorry Buck." I just sigh and nod, and carefully move over so Steve can get more comfy on the bed if he wants to.

*A/N* I need help 😂  I'm a little stuck and don't know what to write for the next chapter. Ideas will be very much appreciated :)
~Dannyboy